Thread: Reciprocity for CC in other states

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Forgive my ignorance on this issue. Try as I might I cannot find any clear information as to reciprocity carry in states that recognize Virginia permits or visa versa.

Prior to full recognition, Florida required Virginians to apply for a permit from the Florida State police for each visit. The permit would normally be granted in recognition of Virginia permit holder status.

It is not clear if when a Virginian travels into another state with full Reciprocity if this is still required, or if the other state will accept your Virginia permit in the same way they would accept your drivers license.

If people could include some link or pointer to the official info that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

No extra permit is required if you visit a state that recognizes your VIrginia permit, or for that matter, any other non resident permit you have that is honored by the state you're visiting.

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    Forgive my ignorance on this issue. Try as I might I cannot find any clear information as to reciprocity carry in states that recognize Virginia permits or visa versa.

Prior to full recognition, Florida required Virginians to apply for a permit from the Florida State police for each visit. The permit would normally be granted in recognition of Virginia permit holder status.

It is not clear if when a Virginian travels into another state with full Reciprocity if this is still required, or if the other state will accept your Virginia permit in the same way they would accept your drivers license.

If people could include some link or pointer to the official info that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

go to www.packing.org - they have a good showing there and i haven't found them not to be up-to-date on their info.

Post imported post

Also on http://www.handgunlaw.us/if you click on VA it will show what states recognise a VA permit.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

Wiley wrote:
    Also on http://www.handgunlaw.us/*if you click on VA it will show what states recognise a VA permit.
    Thanks. I had seen this one last week. But it still did not indicate if I have to get some paper from the state I am visiting. But you are right it is a good site.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"