• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reciprocity for CC in other states

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Forgive my ignorance on this issue. Try as I might I cannot find any clear information as to reciprocity carry in states that recognize Virginia permits or visa versa.

Prior to full recognition, Florida required Virginians to apply for a permit from the Florida State police for each visit. The permit would normally be granted in recognition of Virginia permit holder status.

It is not clear if when a Virginian travels into another state with full Reciprocity if this is still required, or if the other state will accept your Virginia permit in the same way they would accept your drivers license.

If people could include some link or pointer to the official info that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

tattedupboy

imported post

No extra permit is required if you visit a state that recognizes your VIrginia permit, or for that matter, any other non resident permit you have that is honored by the state you're visiting.

sitedzn

imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
Forgive my ignorance on this issue. Try as I might I cannot find any clear information as to reciprocity carry in states that recognize Virginia permits or visa versa.

Prior to full recognition, Florida required Virginians to apply for a permit from the Florida State police for each visit. The permit would normally be granted in recognition of Virginia permit holder status.

It is not clear if when a Virginian travels into another state with full Reciprocity if this is still required, or if the other state will accept your Virginia permit in the same way they would accept your drivers license.

If people could include some link or pointer to the official info that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help

Regards

go to www.packing.org - they have a good showing there and i haven't found them not to be up-to-date on their info.