• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Still boggles my mind!

Jersey Ron

imported post

I'll make this as brief as possible as I'm still shaking my head in dis-belief. Okay, so I'm taking a lethal weapons training course, being instructed by a 30 year, retired LEO. The guy is really cool, personableand very humorous. Anyway, we get to the PA crimes code about Concealed Carry and so-forth. Then he starts explaining how it's illegal to Open Carry in Philadelphia regardless of a license/permit or not and how the ONLY reason why you'll see rifles and shotguns in pick-up trucks in Western, PA is because it's "socially" acceptable and police just don't enforce the laws! Swear on my soul! This is what he said! And here's the kicker! I showed him an actual copy of Hawkins Vs. The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and he told me that the PA Supreme court MUST have been talking about rifles or shotguns being carried openly. No lie! This is what he told me! All I did was look at him, smile and say thanks for the clarification. "Clarification" in the sense that this guy was either insane OR just refuses to believe the fact that Open CarryIS legal and that he's been ignorant of this fact for 30+ years!! Very, very scary to me.

Jersey

Jersey Ron

imported post

I hear you Mike! I think I'll do that AFTER I pass my exam Friday. He's always at the facility where I'm attending class. But something just tells me that he's just going to ramble on and on and on NO MATTER WHAT I SAY OR SHOW HIM.

Jersey

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Do me a favor, Ron.

PM me his information, what department he runs with, and so on. After you pass your test, I think his department's going to slapped with a "Wilson letter".

-Lonnie