• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry -- Sheriff's Office

72Malibu

imported post

I guess you could always call ahead and ask, or look for signs on your way in..? I went to the sheriff's office in Orange County once when I was first inquiring about where to go to get a CHP, and remember walking in, seeing a large bulletproof glass window and a phone on the wall which was the only way for me to talk to them.

If you're unsure, I'd lock it up/leave it in the car (I know, I would hate to do that myself) and ask when you go in, then you'll know for future reference. I'd leave the holster open and visible so that they know that you originally were carrying, but not now.

IanB

imported post

Firearm laws are pre-empted at the state level. The Sherrif may not impose any additional restrictions on carrying firearms at the station. You are free to carry in the non-secure areas for sure.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.