• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Campaign poll

VAopencarry

imported post

They poll their members then put out a press release as if the numbers were from the general population. HAHA

Thanks MamaL

MamaLiberty

imported post

lockman wrote:
They must use IP address filter -- My wife can't vote after me, it says she already voted!
:cuss:Very possible, but I don't know how to make the link non "clickable" in this forum. I'd suggest everyone copy and paste the URL instead of clicking onto it from the forum.

Oh, and a totally bogus "name" and email address was accepted. They may weed those out later, but for now it works. I'm not giving them my real name if I can help it. If you are really paranoid about this, vote from a computer at the library. <G>

ML

foolsmacker

imported post

I didn't even put in a name and email. I skipped it, and was going to go back and fill it out after I did the poll, but I hit the "Submit" button without thinking about it. It seemed to accept my votes anyway, and thanked me for participating in the process.

As you said, they may weed those out later, but for now, it looks like our voices were heard.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

Here's the reply:

[align=left]
[align=left]
[/align]
Dear Jack, [/align]
Thank youfor participating in our 2007 Legislative Priorities Survey, yourfeedback will help the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violenceget a strong start to the new year. We are so grateful for your support.

Capitalizing on the seismic shift on Capitol Hill, your Brady Campaign is going on the offensive to advance our legislative agenda to strengthen US gun laws. Americans are looking to us to turn our electoral victories into concrete action to get guns out of the hands of criminals.

We will succeed in this endeavor in the same way we succeeded in the 2006 elections — by bringing to the fore the voices of reliable, thoughtful Brady Campaign members like you.

Thanks to yourparticipation, we willshow that Americans like you demand that strengthening US guns laws beat the top of the congressional agenda.

Help us build on our voting majorities in both the House and Senate to pass a new ban on military-style assault weapons, closing the gun show loophole,and other life-saving gun laws by making a generous contribution today.

By working together, we can create a nation free from gun violence, where all Americans are safe at home, at school, at work, and in their communities.
transparent.gif

Sincerely,

Your Friends at
StoptheNRA.com

If this e-mail was forwarded to you, click here to sign up for your own StoptheNRA alerts