Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House Bill 1045

Post imported post

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills071/bills/hb1045.htm

It has already had its first reading.

Post imported post

Folks, We need to start pushing this with our Representatives in the House. Also, it would be nice to send Represenative Tilley a thank you for this legistation.

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills071/member/mem106.htm

Its nice to see that we still have people in office that will do the right thing. We are correcting the problem from 1985..its time.

Post imported post

I e-mailed Representative Tilley expressing my appreciation and support for HB 1045.

Post imported post

Well I talked to Senator Kevin Engler at our gun club meeting last night. He stated that he didn't think the PTA or the Full Preemption bills would pass this year. What a bunch of ...well you know. Blunt is going to be in St. louis to sign some bills at the NRA convention. These bills will only pass if we put a lot of pressure on the legislature to get these bills passed ASAP.

Post imported post

drur wrote:
    I e-mailed Representative Tilley expressing my appreciation and support for HB 1045.
    As did I!!!

Post imported post

G22

Welcome to the forum!

Post imported post

I got a response from him a couple of hours ago saying thanks for the email and he hopes we can get this bill passed.

Thanks for the welcome!!!

Post imported post

Best of luck to you , your brothers in VA are cheering you on .

Post imported post

casullshooter

You would definately need to open carry if you have a casull! Dirty Harry wouldn't have sh** on you!!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Post imported post

I open carry with a Para S14-45 stainless . The Super Redhawk 7.5" barrel might draw too much attention in a negative way . Visit vcdl.org to get more info. on getting a statewide gun rights group in place if you don't have one yet . WVA has modeled their group after VCDL and are becoming well organized there as well .

Post imported post

Does anyone know anything new on this bill?

Post imported post

Shawn wrote:
    Folks, We need to start pushing this with our Representatives in the House. Also, it would be nice to send Represenative Tilley a thank you for this legistation.

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills071/member/mem106.htm

Its nice to see that we still have people in office that will do the right thing. We are correcting the problem from 1985..its time.
    I just contacted Rep. Tilley, to thank him for offering this bill before the House and told him that I supported his effort, and at te same time I contacted My Rep. Bryan Pratt to get his take on the matter so as to possibly get his Co Sponsorship to tis bill.

I may be wrong but I don't see a lot of support fromthe forum on this issue so far.

Post imported post

Don't quite understand what you mean. Everyone here pretty much supports OC by defintition don't they? I have e-mailed my reps about HB1045 and SB217 (now merged into SB457) once or twice. To be honest, I was more concerned about pushing Castle Doctrine (SB62) as it looked like it had a better chanceof passing. I will start contacting again when they are back in session.

Post imported post

just a word to say hello, I just found this web site and found it to be interesting and informative, I also have sent Mr. Tilley an E-mail on HB 1045 showing my support, I also have ben surfing the net to fined out about open carry, I's there a site I can goto to fined which city & towns in Missouri that restricts open carry?.

Post imported post

The legislative session has ended and the bill did not even make it to the floor. We will keep pushing and hopefully get this through next year.

Anyway, the answer to your questions are in the thread entitled "Where to Open Carry". Towards the top, there is a downloadable text file listing many of the local municipalities in Missouri. It is not a complete list by any means and you must use it at your own risk. Always verify the information yourself.

Dru

Post imported post

Drur thanks

Found it and it looks nasty, although I can carry in Springfield, it looks like a minefield if you want to move around the state.:?

Post imported post

12ga. wrote:
    Drur thanks

Found it and it looks nasty, although I can carry in Springfield, it looks like a minefield if you want to move around the state.:?

Hence the need to preempt the whole field of firearms legislation. F*** the local municipalities who seek to limit our Second Amendment RIGHTS!!

Post imported post

drur wrote:
    12ga. wrote:
    Drur thanks

Hence the need to preempt the whole field of firearms legislation. F*** the local municipalities who seek to limit our Second Amendment RIGHTS!!
    I'll second that statement! It's time for America to become the "Land of the free" once again.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

You need to talk to your reps and see if they will go for a compromise - a bill to preempt local OC bans for permit holders - this was a transitional measure in VA in 2003, and is still in place in some places like Oregon, and in Kansas (vehicles only).

Alternatively, or simoultaneously, you should preempt all new OC bans, grandfathering th eold ones, so things don;t get worse for OC in MO.

Post imported post

Mike wrote:
    You need to talk to your reps and see if they will go for a compromise - a bill to preempt local OC bans for permit holders - this was a transitional measure in VA in 2003, and is still in place in some places like Oregon, and in Kansas (vehicles only).

Alternatively, or simoultaneously, you should preempt all new OC bans, grandfathering th eold ones, so things don;t get worse for OC in MO.

Get a Permit to carry openly, even after the MOSC said you can OC??? I think not. I'm throwing a Red Flag on you Mike!!!!! "Compromise" FT!!! We will fix it this next year completely or take it to court.

Post imported post

Shawn wrote:
    Mike wrote:

Get a Permit to carry openly, even after the MOSC said you can OC??? I think not. I'm throwing a Red Flag on you Mike!!!!! "Compromise" FT!!! We will fix it this next year completely or take it to court.
    I have to agree with Shawn on this. No compromise or we go to court.

Post imported post

When will the next session be for the state senate, and when should we start E-mailing and calling our Reps. ????

Post imported post

Mack 12ga. wrote:
    When will the next session be for the state senate, and when should we start E-mailing and calling our Reps. ????
    We have a part-time legislature (thank God!) and they convene again in January 2008. The time to contact your rep/senator is now. Tell them you suppot reintroducing House Bill 1045 and Senate Bill 217. We want to preempt the entire field of legislation pertaining to the regulation of firearms.

What this means is we want to take away the local municipalities' abilities to regulate open carry and discharge of firearms. Missouri currently has firearms preemption with the exception of these two issues.

Remember rights are like muscles and should be exercised regularly.

Post imported post

drur wrote:
    Mack 12ga. wrote:
    We have a part-time legislature (thank God!) and they convene again in January 2008. The time to contact your rep/senator is now. Tell them you support reintroducing House Bill 1045 and Senate Bill 217. We want to preempt the entire field of legislation pertaining to the regulation of firearms.

What this means is we want to take away the local municipalities' abilities to regulate open carry and discharge of firearms. Missouri currently has firearms preemption with the exception of these two issues.

Remember rights are like muscles and should be exercised regularly.
    Thanks I'm all over it, and I know not having the senate is session is a good thing but I would like to have them back long enough to pass Bill 1045 and Bill 217. then they can go back home.

Post imported post

I say we fix the firearms preemption problem, then put them on vacation for say, five or six years. That way they can't pass any legislation at all.

That would be fine with me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast