• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 1045

Article1section23

imported post

Folks, We need to start pushing this with our Representatives in the House. Also, it would be nice to send Represenative Tilley a thank you for this legistation.

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills071/member/mem106.htm

Its nice to see that we still have people in office that will do the right thing. We are correcting the problem from 1985..its time.

Article1section23

imported post

Well I talked to Senator Kevin Engler at our gun club meeting last night. He stated that he didn't think the PTA or the Full Preemption bills would pass this year. What a bunch of ...well you know. Blunt is going to be in St. louis to sign some bills at the NRA convention. These bills will only pass if we put a lot of pressure on the legislature to get these bills passed ASAP.

drur

imported post

casullshooter

You would definately need to open carry if you have a casull! Dirty Harry wouldn't have sh** on you!!!!

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

casullshooter

imported post

I open carry with a Para S14-45 stainless . The Super Redhawk 7.5" barrel might draw too much attention in a negative way . Visit vcdl.org to get more info. on getting a statewide gun rights group in place if you don't have one yet . WVA has modeled their group after VCDL and are becoming well organized there as well .

Kelly J

imported post

Shawn wrote:
Folks, We need to start pushing this with our Representatives in the House. Also, it would be nice to send Represenative Tilley a thank you for this legistation.

http://www.house.mo.gov/bills071/member/mem106.htm

Its nice to see that we still have people in office that will do the right thing. We are correcting the problem from 1985..its time.

I just contacted Rep. Tilley, to thank him for offering this bill before the House and told him that I supported his effort, and at te same time I contacted My Rep. Bryan Pratt to get his take on the matter so as to possibly get his Co Sponsorship to tis bill.

I may be wrong but I don't see a lot of support fromthe forum on this issue so far.

CarryMO

imported post

Don't quite understand what you mean. Everyone here pretty much supports OC by defintition don't they? I have e-mailed my reps about HB1045 and SB217 (now merged into SB457) once or twice. To be honest, I was more concerned about pushing Castle Doctrine (SB62) as it looked like it had a better chanceof passing. I will start contacting again when they are back in session.

12ga.

imported post

just a word to say hello, I just found this web site and found it to be interesting and informative, I also have sent Mr. Tilley an E-mail on HB 1045 showing my support, I also have ben surfing the net to fined out about open carry, I's there a site I can goto to fined which city & towns in Missouri that restricts open carry?.

drur

imported post

The legislative session has ended and the bill did not even make it to the floor. We will keep pushing and hopefully get this through next year.

Anyway, the answer to your questions are in the thread entitled "Where to Open Carry". Towards the top, there is a downloadable text file listing many of the local municipalities in Missouri. It is not a complete list by any means and you must use it at your own risk. Always verify the information yourself.

Dru

drur

imported post

12ga. wrote:
Drur thanks

Found it and it looks nasty, although I can carry in Springfield, it looks like a minefield if you want to move around the state.:?
Hence the need to preempt the whole field of firearms legislation. F*** the local municipalities who seek to limit our Second Amendment RIGHTS!!

CarryMO

imported post

drur wrote:
12ga. wrote:
Drur thanks

Found it and it looks nasty, although I can carry in Springfield, it looks like a minefield if you want to move around the state.:?
Hence the need to preempt the whole field of firearms legislation. F*** the local municipalities who seek to limit our Second Amendment RIGHTS!!
I'll second that statement! It's time for America to become the "Land of the free" once again.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

You need to talk to your reps and see if they will go for a compromise - a bill to preempt local OC bans for permit holders - this was a transitional measure in VA in 2003, and is still in place in some places like Oregon, and in Kansas (vehicles only).

Alternatively, or simoultaneously, you should preempt all new OC bans, grandfathering th eold ones, so things don;t get worse for OC in MO.

Article1section23

imported post

Mike wrote:
You need to talk to your reps and see if they will go for a compromise - a bill to preempt local OC bans for permit holders - this was a transitional measure in VA in 2003, and is still in place in some places like Oregon, and in Kansas (vehicles only).

Alternatively, or simoultaneously, you should preempt all new OC bans, grandfathering th eold ones, so things don;t get worse for OC in MO.
Get a Permit to carry openly, even after the MOSC said you can OC??? I think not. I'm throwing a Red Flag on you Mike!!!!! "Compromise" FT!!! We will fix it this next year completely or take it to court.