• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Short Pump Mall

67GT390FB

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
I've open carried at Dicks at the Short Pump Town Center at least 20 times. I believe the policy refers to the mall itself, not the surounding stores. Regardless, I have open carried at that Dicks (including interacting with employees asking questions about products) without a problem. Also, I have open carried at the Barnes and Nobleand the PetSmart at Short Pump many times without a problem.

Other people have also posted to this forum in the past about having open-carried at the Barnes and Noble at Short Pump without a problem. They have a off-dty Sheriff's Deputy there at night, and he has never said a word or cared, either.

Although the rules forbid it, I did open carry at Macy's about three weeks ago for an hour. Only time I have open carried at the mall itself. Wouldn't recommend it, but they still took my $400 and nobody said anything. In fact, got great service, as usual.

the barnes and noble is not part of short pump mall it predates it by at least 5 years.

similar thing with all the out parcels i do not believe they are owned by forest city. i wouldn't be suprised if the original owner/developer of the short pump mall doesn't still have a slice of the action. he lives in that gold mine/ white house/farm directly across from the short pump mall. he and his brothers have most of broad street from parham road out tied up in 99 year leases or outright salesto these development companies that have built all the strip malls along broad. i call his farm agold mine because the last old farm that sold right there at the junction of broad and 64 was over 100 acres and sold for over 1 million per acre to the developers.

but i digress back to topic:

i did run intothissituation 2 years ago atchristmas at the short pump barnes and noble. my girlfriend and i went christmas shopping. we both have concealed carry permits and we were both carrying concealed. we were in barnes and noble and i had squatted down to look at some books and evidently my jacket rode up a little bit and somebody spotted my colt and narced me out to the deputy on duty. the sherrifs deputy that they had there for extra securityapproaches me and tells me i have to cover that up and asks me very nicely for mypermit which i gladly give him and i make sure my jacket is pulled down incident over. cop handled it 100%proffessionally and so did i. swmbo was slightly ticked as he didn't ask her for her license. i guess he didn't think the pretty little 5'6" 105 pound redhead was capable of packing a 357 under her arm.