• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Would you do it.. in a bank?

TheJordTrain

imported post

Admittedly, I do all my money handling through ATMs. I have CCW'd (my own ignorance in planning) through the metal detectors in a certain bank (I guess they were off?) near me.

Anybody ever try to OC in a bank? I'm not sure I'd have the courage.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I open carry in my bank frequently. No reactions from the bank staff at all. What you THINK might happen and what ACTUALLY happens when you open carry are almost always two different things.

sandy

imported post

I OC in my bank (credit union, actually). There are many different banks available, and I've seen posts on here with lots of different outcomes. In one recent post that I recall in particular, the OCer left when asked by management, even though he was certain it was legal. The manager said "let me know if you can show me that it's legal." I would not let them put the burden of proof on me.

If the bank manager hassles me, and makes what I know to be false statements, I'm going to ask for proof. If it's a company policy, then show methe policyin writing, or write it out yourself and put your signature on it. If there is a supposed law, then show it to me; they're all online. If it's just him using his discretion and he chooses to disallow it in "his" branch, then I will not compromise, leave it in the car, or conceal for his convenience. I'll take all my money out right then and close my accounts (which is done atmy discretion). There is no middle ground. If you kick me out today, you kick me out with all my money, and my accounts closed. Then go around to competitors trying to open an account while OCing. I bet you find no problems then.

This is also my policy for other places I spend money. If a restaurant manager asks me to leave, I am not paying for that disrespect and half a meal. If a store manager asks me to leave, I will ask for a refund and return whatever I have bought already. If a mall asks me to leave for OC (and not come back with the gun), I will go to every store I frequented that day and return everything, giving the reason. Only in this way can we retain our privilege to carryon their private property.

--Sandy (WA)