Thread: WOW! Is this stuff legal?

Post imported post

First the manufacturer's website:
    http://tannerite.com/

Then a video to show y'all what the WOW! is all about.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8zFWAR3Ovw

I've had several cars that were deserving of such an ending.

A friend called me today to clue me in on this stuff and said he couldn't find anything about the legality of the stuff in VA. I would think that it would be illegal under explosives laws. Any ideas???

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Can you imagine the fun you can have with that?

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Can you imagine the fun you can have with that?
    Hahaha... I'm already plotting hiding a bottle of it in one of my targets next time I take the fiancee out shooting :P I just have to make sure that all the other firearms are unloaded because she'll be liable to shoot me for scaring her that bad

Mwuhahahaha... why have I never heard of this stuff before?!?

Post imported post

Looks fun but I call BS on the metro video!!! I was buying it until the last part of the video where it pans to the rear of the car. The charge was hung inside the vehicle.....thus the blast would from the inside out........so how did the rear of the car get smushed from the outside in.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

It looked like it was already a junker. Prob was rear ended and totaled. That was 2 liters of the junk!! Make BIG BOOM!

Post imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
    Looks fun but I call BS on the metro video!!! I was buying it until the last part of the video where it pans to the rear of the car. The charge was hung inside the vehicle.....thus the blast would from the inside out........so how did the rear of the car get smushed from the outside in.
    It was a junker, so it had probably been wrecked. The guy said the explosion knocked the back off, but he could've been talking about the glass, light covers, etc. I had the same question about the damage back there as you, that's the only explanation I could come up with. There is also a video of Tannerite vs. Van on youtube that's just as impressive. Blows the sliding door right off an Astro Van. I can say one thing with certainty, it was thetannerite that blew the roof right off that Geo

Post imported post

How many guys are searching the net for that stuff now thanks to that

Post imported post

I've seen a number of ads for Tannerite over the recent years, so I don't think its a hoax. It may get around the explosive laws because its a binary formula: neither component is dangerous or explosive by itself, and only goes boom when both parts are subject to a sudden big impact.

Just MHO. IANAL (or an explosives expert).

Post imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
    I've seen a number of ads for Tannerite over the recent years, so I don't think its a hoax. It may get around the explosive laws because its a binary formula: neither component is dangerous or explosive by itself, and only goes boom when both parts are subject to a sudden big impact.

Just MHO. IANAL (or an explosives expert).
    Just give it a chance, and I am sure someone will come up with a new feel good law to ban the stuff.