• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

REAL ID Act threatens open carry rights!

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

The REAL ID Act is a threat to open carry rights - the draconian federalization of state issue DLs & IDs, and eventual creation of a Tri-National ID Card implicates our rights to buy handguns from dealers to open carry, and to open carry in states which require permits to OC - arguably, a gun carry license is an ID within the meaning of the REAL ID Act and many such licenses will be invalidated by the REAL ID Act over time.

Regardless, the growing ”papers in order” PATRIOT Act mentality sweeping out nation, as evidenced by the recent rude demands by police to gun owners eating food in Virginia (Staunton & Manassas), will only be fortified if REAL actually takes effect.

Next time you are eating food at Tony’s pizza, assuming you choose to comply with an invalid police demand for “ID,” the police response might be, “NO! I MEAN YOUR REAL ID – COUGH IT UP OR WE'RE GOING TO TAKE A RIDE TO THE STATION![/b]”

TAKE ACTION at http://action.downsizedc.org/wyc.php?cid=30
[/b]
Do this for every state in which you live, work, are domiciled, go to school, own property, or have some ties.

Here is the "personal message" I added to my web form mail salvos I fired off today:

"States don't need to be told how to issue IDs, and Americans don't need to be told they have to carry or use IDs within our own country.

Kill the REAL ID Act now!"

LeagueOf1291

imported post

Here are mine.

Measures like the REAL ID Act are worse than the "dangers" these measures address. The States don't need to be told how to issue IDs, and Americans don't need to be told they have to carry an ID in their own country! We're losing all our freedoms on your watch!

Brigdh

imported post

A few states have already told congress they will not implement the real id act.

unfortunatally i'm a constituant of jim sensenbrenner :(

Erus

imported post

My comments attached to the email:

My Father once told me how great the United Stated was using a simple example:
Unlike NAZI Germany, who he and far too many of his peers fought to defeat in
thier drive to rule the world and enslave the masses, in the United States you
do not need to show any "papers" to travel from state to state.
The ReadID act is one more step towards the type of totalitarian government our
forefathers took up arms and wisdom to prevent from ruling US on this land.
Please, sir(s), I implore you, Do not allow the RealID act to become the law of
this free land. We, The people, are watching you.

44Brent

imported post

Mike wrote:
eventual creation of a Tri-National ID Card implicates our rights to buy handguns from dealers to open carry, and to open carry in states which require permits to

Please educate me on Tri-National ID Card as in, what the heck is this thing?

44Brent

imported post

Mike:

I support Fair US' goals of halting illegal immigration. Among the things they are pushing for is Real ID:
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_release2072007

Real ID thing is not something that has been on my radar screen, and I am neutral on the subject. For those of us who are uneducated on this topic, can you please provide links to reading material?From the standpoint of halting illegal immigration, where does Real ID fit in?

Thanks

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

44Brent wrote:
Mike:

I support Fair US' goals of halting illegal immigration. Among the things they are pushing for is Real ID:
http://www.fairus.org/site/PageServer?pagename=media_release2072007

Real ID thing is not something that has been on my radar screen, and I am neutral on the subject. For those of us who are uneducated on this topic, can you please provide links to reading material?From the standpoint of halting illegal immigration, where does Real ID fit in?

Thanks
Unless underlying federal immigration laws are changed, and border enforcement becomes real, and not theater, I don't think REAL ID will affect illegal aliens, but it will affect citizens and our way of life.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Just more crap. I already have a federal passport and a federal military ID and they even have my fingerprints and freaking DNA!!!! What more do they want?? This just more BS to get more $$ and make some useless federal asshole program manager to feel good about his do-nothing job.

Oh, and then they spit on my 20 years of service by giving half my retirement to my ex wife, satan's sister. Gee, thanks....

But I'm not bitter. E-mails to fly after work....

44Brent

imported post

Unless underlying federal immigration laws are changed, and border enforcement becomes real, and not theater, I don't think REAL ID will affect illegal aliens

I was going to point out that there is no need to change federal immigration laws to halt illegal immigrationas President Bush has apparently done everything possible to halt enforcement of the law.

I just answered my previous question.We don't need any more laws to combat illegal immigration, we just need a new president that's committed to enforcing the laws that are already on the books.

Thanks for clarifying my thinking. Gee, that was an easy one.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

REAL ID more accurately stands for...

Radical Enforcement Against Liberty, Independence, and Democracy

I have been writing my, worthless and unreceptive, reps concerning this "papers please" law for a while now...and have no problems doing it again! The other Item that needs to go is the 'un-PATRIOT Act'

Citizen

Founder's Club Member