• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some Mid-Day Tuesday Humor....

bayboy42

imported post

I was over on the VCDL webiste reading the FOIA updates regarding "The Manassas Incident". I found this.....all I gotta say is Hyland and Clodfelter sure don't write a good letter:lol:

[align=center][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][size=+2]Letters to VCDL[/size][/font][/align]

[align=left][font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]VCDL received the following hand-written letter on Thursday, March 1, in response to VCDL's presence at the Feb 26 Manassas City Council Meeting. It has been reproduced here as accurately as possible, including the unique spelling and grammar.[/font][/align]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]2-27-07[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Mr. Van Cleave,[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I listened intently to all of the words or remarks made by your people from all over our State of Virginia. I wondered why you all were so interested in 'our Police Dept. in Manassas who I have had contact over many years. (I will say that the E-Mails were not called for) I detest E-Mails anyway -- they cause many bad feelings among many of us.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Now -- that initial call is what deturbs me -- why would and whose business was this anyway?! Could it have been a trouble-maker (we have so many in our desturbed world today.! Maybe our Police thought there might be a riot -- and you of all people should know that feeling -- because it happens all over the Country -- more now than anytime in my life (also -- your people should know we are under enough stress -- with a Terriost War where our elected officials (some -- not all) are truly to blame for a lot of this termoil.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Why was it so necessary to have someone from near and far -- why couldn't you have handled it? You alone could have, I m sure.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]It makes me wonder too why everyone so anxious to come to Manassas and complain! You can bear arms but I don't think you are above being Criticized either for your thoughts of always being right. I must say -- I will try to defend myself (I am a female) but I don't want to carry a gun. I could kill an innocent person -- thank God for our police! They are knocked around by our citizens too![/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Good luck, but I believe it was totally wrong to target our Police when they are terribly busy, as I see it, with taking care of illegals, rapist -- drugs and you know it too.[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]I think we all need to praise our Police -- they get shot, beat up by gangs and you know that also --[/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Thanks for taking time to read the thoughts of mine -- our Chief is the greatest![/font]

[font="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]A caring Citizen of Manassas[/font]

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ok guys, Lighten up. I think you all know that this person is more than likely a product of our public education system. Taking that into consideration, it is amazing that they understood how to use paper and pen at all.:lol:

Of course there is the problem of allowing people of diminished capacity to play with weapons. The pen being mightier than the sword and all. Fortunately the first amendment provides for no restraints based on intellect. :banghead:

If this is the best support these Officers can find for their actions, they are in big trouble.:what:

Regards

acrimsontide

imported post

Is it possible that she may be the wife or girlfriend of one of the LEO's involved?