• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Law references

357SigFan

imported post

I want to callO'Fallon PD to make sure the officers are aware of Missouri's Open carry laws, and that O'Fallon does not restrict Open Carry. Can someone point me to any references so I can have a law to reference.

Thanks

357SigFan

imported post

Thanks Drur. Maybe I'm blind, dumb, or just don't speak very good leagaleese :)but I can't find any references to Open carry... or is that the point - that there are no references (restricting it) thus state laws apply?

drur

imported post

357SigFan wrote:
Thanks Drur. Maybe I'm blind, dumb, or just don't speak very good leagaleese :)but I can't find any references to Open carry... or is that the point - that there are no references (restricting it) thus state laws apply?
Do a search on firearms. What you are looking for is a section that reads something like this:

"Openly carries a firearm readily capable of lethal use."

The fact that you do not have any references to open carry is what makes it legal in your neck of the woods. As a matter of fact, I am very envious of your city ordinances pertaining to firearms. Your city "gets it".

357SigFan

imported post

Actualluy, that's what I searched for and I only came up with the concealed parts.

From the doc in the other thread, looks like Wentzville and St Peters are a go too.. Myabe I'll OC this weekend when I'm out and about (I expect to go to St Peters and Wentzville), weather permitting :D.

Hopefully you guys will forgive my questions and such. I'm originally from the "State" of New York (Suffolk County, Long Island, to be precise) and as you guys are probably aware, there is NO open carry, little to no Concealed carry... gotta be VERY careful there (I HATE New York!).I'm by no means pulled into their mentality though. I love shooting (my grandfather started me shooting around age 10) and I am VERY pro 2A and Pro Open or concealed carry, it's just the "fear" of NY is so ingrained in my mind, I need to be sure I'm not breaking laws... It'll be MUCH easier here when I get my CC and if/when the preemption bill passes... then anything goes(assuming the bill passes).

drur

imported post

No need to apologize. We all come to this forum to gain insight and information pertaining to Second Amendment rights.

I am happy to help!

Carry On!!!