• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need input from Cox Cable subscribers in NoVA

IanB

imported post

I am on Cox for my home ISP and I can't get to the main "opencarry.org" homepage. All other sites (yahoo, msn) to include this forum work. Note the forum is on mywowbb and not hosted on opencarry.org's website. Any other Cox Cable users having issues getting to the main opencarry.org page? I CAN see the homepage by going through a proxy server.

If cox is blocking opencarry.org that needs to be addressed /w their management!

VAopencarry

imported post

WOW! I never thought of it as being blocked. But I have Cox in NoVa and also have not been able to access Opencarry.org.

Can anybody access opencarry.org, the website, not the forum?

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey Nekkid...me too. I saw that last night and thought it was just the net, but it's still down today.

I was just able to load it on my Palm TREO, so it's not the server and must be COX......

Those bastards!

IanB

imported post

OK, I'm pissed off now!!

And I spent a considerable amount of time on this last night, reloaded my router from default and everything. Thanks for the info so I can stop my relentless pursuit of IT perfection (I thought my router was hosed or something).

Kimber, pls let us all know what you find out.

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Jusy got off the phone with tech support and he was able to bring up the site and even described the page . He says they are not blocking it.?:banghead:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

I don't think that Cox is blocking them per se. There appear to be certain DNS servers that are not returning a correct address for opencarry.org while others are working just fine. I am not sure why this is the case since there have been NO recent changes to the zone file, but I am working it with my ISP right now.

If you guys wouldn't mind, keep me informed if there is any change in the response from your location!

Thanks!

John

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can't even get the home page now . I get a message that says it can't find the page. Had to google the site but it takes me directly to the forum.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I have cox cable too. I can get the forum but not the database. The problem started about midday tuesday.

Collier4385

imported post

I have Cox Cable Internet in Newport News. Had problems only for one day, but I've been using it everyday for 6 months approximately and have been able to use this website, and all its functions without problem. Its not Cox. Currently using it right now! Don't crucify Cox.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

No. It is not Cox. Except as far as their DNS servers are being affected by whatever problem is causing some DNS servers to not return a good address for the site.

What is everyone seeing this morning? Did you say that it is working from Cox now?

Thanks!

John