• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need input from Cox Cable subscribers in NoVA

IanB

imported post

No comment from Bob about our Cox working?

Paging "Bobcat" are you awake? You're missing your golden opportunity!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's back!

Cox.net in Alexandria, FFX County

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
imported post

The name servers for the main site have now been moved and should have fully propagated. If anyone is still having problems, let me know. Otherwise this issue should be behind us.

Thanks again to everyone who reported the issue, helped to figure out what was wrong, and were patient while I fixed it. What a community we have here at OCDO!!! :cool:

John

VAopencarry

imported post

I'm good now, except I forgot what I wanted to look for on the main site a few days ago.:banghead:

John, thanks for taking care of the problem.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

Bob, you will be happy to know that your Cox's should be working now. I know how you older folk get when it doesnt work. :banghead: :p

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
Bob, you will be happy to know that your Cox's should be working now. I know how you older folk get when it doesnt work. :banghead: :p

Gee, thanks Doc! OLDER?? Hell, I'm just 42!! I have a beautiful, hot, sexy Brazilian wife and have to keep my Cox in good working order!! Why just the other night we were sitting on the couch noticing how much Cox has grown recently...

MarinesWife

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Desertdoc wrote:

Gee, thanks Doc! OLDER?? Hell, I'm just 42!! I have a beautiful, hot, sexy Brazilian wife and have to keep my Cox in good working order!! Why just the other night we were sitting on the couch noticing how much Cox has grown recently...
:lol:

vtme_grad98

imported post

Well, the site sort of works for me on Cox now. Before the problems, I would browse it on Firefox at home and IE at work. When it stopped working at home, I verified that it didn't work with Firefox or IE on my home computer. Now, I can open the forum in IE at home, but it still doesn't work on Firefox. The opencarry.org page comes up, but I still get a strange error message if I try to open the forums with Firefox.

Anyone here have any ideas about what could be causing Firefox to still disagree with the forums?

D

Desertdoc

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Desertdoc wrote:

Just remember Im not that kind of Doc. I dont want to hear "It hurts doc, can you take a look". I didnt do it for my Marines, and im not doing it for you! :D

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
Well, the site sort of works for me on Cox now. Before the problems, I would browse it on Firefox at home and IE at work. When it stopped working at home, I verified that it didn't work with Firefox or IE on my home computer. Now, I can open the forum in IE at home, but it still doesn't work on Firefox. The opencarry.org page comes up, but I still get a strange error message if I try to open the forums with Firefox.

Anyone here have any ideas about what could be causing Firefox to still disagree with the forums?
I presume you've cleared the cache already?