• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Minimum Age-All States

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
Minimum age to purchase/possess for all states.

Legal Community Against Violence

http://www.lcav.org/index.asp

I looked at this just now - the cite seems to conflate min age to purchase handguns with min age to posses. We will keep slowly updating OCOD till we are done, state by state, verifying by way of an actual state statute, then we will create a colorable map from this data.

If your state does nto yet show a min age to OC, please send John and I a private email with ciotation of authority and link to authority, THANKS!

apjonas

imported post

I would suggest that all submissions be sent to a clearly-identified dedicated thread. This would (in theory) prevent repetitive submissions and also allow others to verify the information being presented.

apjonas

imported post

Michigan

I. Possession
[/b]

[/b]Minimum Age: 18
Statute: MCL 750.234f[/b]
Notes: the law refers only to public possession[/b]
Level of Offense; misdemeanor[/b]
Penalty for Violation: imprisonment for not more than 90 days, a fine of not more than $100.00, or both.[/b]
[/b]Exceptions:[/b]

1. under the direct supervison of a person 18 or older[/b]
2. IAW MCL 324.40101 et seq. (relating to wildlife conservation)[/b]
3. IAW MCL 324.43501 et. seq. (relating to hunting)[/b]
4. While at, or going to or from, a recognized target range or trap or skeet shooting ground if, while going to or from the range or ground, the firearm is enclosed and securely fastened in a case or locked in the trunk of a motor vehicle.[/b]
[/b]

II. Purchase

Minimum Age: f[/b]rom FFL: 21
from Non-FFL: 18
Statute: MCL 28.422(3)(b)
Level of Offense: not stated[/b]
Penalty: not stated[/b]
Exceptions: none[/b]

[/b]
[/b]