• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCU prohibited carry

67GT390FB

imported post

Can someone please explain this further. I have seen the code quoted in a few places here that VCU is listed in the prohibited places to carry alongside courthouses etc.

How did one school receive this extra authority over all the others? Is this legal to set aside one university and exclude the others?

What was the reasoning ,if any, for prohibiting carry at VCU? Since the VCU campus is sprawled across half of downtown Richmond is this prohibition strictly limited to the buildings?

Joe

possumboy

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
I guess the special privilege is because it is in VA Administrative Code posted above. Political connections maybe?

If you are wondering if it is, in fact, not lawful to carry at VCU, VCDL thinks so, bottom of the page.

http://www.vcdl.org/static/ccw.html

ANY Federal Property (Federal Offices/National Parks/Post Offices)
*** Controversial. Click For More Details ***

I believe this is wrong. National Forest ARE Federal Property, but you can CC in them. Please don't make me find the wording that says it is legal. I always forget and spend a day or so finding it again.

bayboy42

imported post

Geez, I hope I got my original post down before too many people realize and i'm speed readin idiot:banghead: Drats, possumboy quoted me, no gettin out of this one.:what:

possumboy

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:
Possumboy - save yourself a day and check out the following thread:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/1662.html

Not trying to say you're wrong, but if you're right, VCDL sure is wasting a lot of time and effort trying to get a non-existent issue remedied :lol::exclaim:
National Parks (NPS) are different from National Forest (USDA). They are trying to resolve the National Parks (NPS) issue

possumboy

imported post

They only reason I posted it is I just had a converstation with some friends about it.

They are planning on going to Mount Rodgers. They are happy about being able to CC there. They are the ones that pointed that out to me.