• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCing age in Wyoming

personaltrainer1987

imported post

My buddy (he's 18) was planning a trip from my home state (CT) out to Wyoming, to look intojob opportunity out there. He called up the Wyoming Attorney General, to ask him about the age requirement in regards to OCing. The AG told him (and then he told me) that the technical legal age for OCing in WY is 18, but he apparently also hinted that cops wouldn't take too much of an issue with a 16 year old that was OCing, depending on the circumstances and how the minor presented themselves with the LEO. Just thought that I'd share that.

personaltrainer1987

imported post

Just a guess here, but I'm going to go ahead and assume that we're gonna be using some sort of motor vehicle transportation (i.e. a car) totransport us and our firearmsto wyoming!! :lol:

personaltrainer1987

imported post

By the way, the information presented here is now null and void thanks to the wonderfull detective work of our super moderator Mike, and our administrator John, who have since come to the conclusion that Wyoming has no legal statutory limit on what age a mentaly competent non-felon can open carry.

Thanks guys!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

UTOC-45-44

imported post

personaltrainer1987 wrote:
By the way, the information presented here is now null and void thanks to the wonderfull detective work of our super moderator Mike, and our administrator John, who have since come to the conclusion that Wyoming has no legal statutory limit on what age a mentaly competent non-felon can open carry.

Thanks guys!!! :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

I think this is very true. One of my Co-workers is from WY and stated that exact fact to me.

Wyoming State Constitution Article I, Sectio24 "The right of citizens to bear arms in defenseof themselves and of the state shall not be denied."

I know there is no God, cuz I didn't grow up in Wy "snicker"

However concerning CCW permit,

http://www.packing.org/state/wyoming/

(b)(I) Is a resident of the United States and has been a resident of Wyoming for not less than six (6) months prior to filing the application.
(b)(ii) Is at least twenty-one (21) years of age;
(j) An applicant between eighteen (18) and twenty-one (21) years of age who meets the requirements specified in this section. The written recommendation shall specifically state that the sheriff has personal knowledge of the applicant's situation or circumstances which warrant the issuance of a concealed firearm permit.
(g) The sheriff of the applicant's county of residence shall submit a written report to the division...The written report shall be made within thirty (30) days after the date the sheriff receives the copy of the application.
(m) The division shall, within sixty (60) days after the date of receipt of the items listed in subsection (e) of this section, either:
(i) Issue the permit; or
(ii) Deny the application …

Mjolnir

imported post

What part of Wyoming is he going to be in. Ya do not see anybody OC'ing in Laramie, Cheyenne or Casper but every now and again ya see a rifle in a window rack. In Cheyenne or Laramie expect somebody to call 911 and have you checked out if OCing. Lots of liberals from Colorado & other states live there & are not gun friendly & are trying to change things so the towns are not gun friendly.

Now once ya get away from the biger towns in WY ya se more firearms, but not many OCing pistols.

Oh and it's not 60 days, but 90 and DCI is running slow approving permits.

Kingfish

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:
What part of Wyoming is he going to be in. Ya do not see anybody OC'ing in Laramie, Cheyenne or Casper but every now and again ya see a rifle in a window rack. In Cheyenne or Laramie expect somebody to call 911 and have you checked out if OCing. Lots of liberals from Colorado & other states live there & are not gun friendly & are trying to change things so the towns are not gun friendly.

Now once ya get away from the biger towns in WY ya se more firearms, but not many OCing pistols.

They will just need to check me out then. We will be moving to Cheyenne in about 3 years and we will be coming to visit several times between now and then. I will be Open Carrying at all time while we are there.

FSW Shawn

imported post

Mjolnir wrote:

I open carry in Casper. I've had zero problems, and no contacts w/LEO's. So if anyone called me in, I musta got away:D I only got a conceal permit for when the temp drops below 20F and it's blowing more than 25mph, (coat weather) and it only took a month to get the govt permission slip.