Thread: 5.11 holster shirt...I love it!

State Researcher

Post imported post

So in anticipation of receiving my CC permit, I purchased two 5.11 holster shirts, one black and one white. At the time I only had my Walther PPK/s. The shirt is perfect when concealment is more important than a fast draw. Depending on what you're wearing over it, the draw is very slow and awkward...but when hiding it is what counts, the shirt does the job perfectly. I can wear just about any comfortable to loose fitting top, and the shirt holds the gun tightly next to my body. It turns out I am even able to carry my full-sized SW99 .40 at times!In fact, the full frame fits better and is easier to draw, however the longer grip creates a bigger hump in front, so the shirt needs to be looser. It was designed for carrying under a dress shirt, and it also works well for carrying under a sweater/sweat shirt. I've also found it works under a loose t-shirt, if for instance you're wearing gym shorts with no belt.

I now mainly wear it for deep cover CC, and for my back-up if I'm openly carrying. The only real negative thing I can say about it is that the white shirt is almost see-through, so your skin tone shows through...

Post imported post

5.11 does not make products that last. I find myself going through 5.11 boots monthy as they fall apart which is why I stay away from that company. Speaking of nice shirts, I bought a collared SIGARMS polo shirt in tan and it looks absolutly wonderful. I love advertising it and its extremely comfortable.

Post imported post

SIGarmed229 wrote:
    I bought a collared SIGARMS polo shirt in tan and it looks absolutly wonderful. I love advertising it and its extremely comfortable.
    Your just bias...

Post imported post

my 511 boots are over 6 months old and not a rip, tear, or scuff. I dont understand how mine have been so satisfactory and your experience so poor. i also like the shirt and pants (allthough I have a lint problem with the black pants)

marc

Post imported post

cs9c1 wrote:
    SIGarmed229 wrote:
    I bought a collared SIGARMS polo shirt in tan and it looks absolutly wonderful. I love advertising it and its extremely comfortable.
    Your just bias...
    Your absolutly correct. Haha. I dont drive a Chevy and wear Ford T-shirts

State Researcher

Post imported post

I haven't experienced a problem with 5.11's products lasting, either. I've had a pair of their tactical khakis for...like 4 or 5 years, and have worn them a lot. They don't look new, but where other pants I have get tears and worn out, the 5.11's are great. (they hold up a whole lot better than my cammies, lol.)

Also, the holster shirts are very similiar to the underarmour material, EXCEPT they're thicker, and feel much sturdier.

Anyway this wasn't so much a 5.11 rocks thread as it was that their holster shirt rocks, and I don't think there's another product quite like it out there right now.

Post imported post

After my experiences with 5.11 I would give any of their products a shot. I'v got two pairs of the 5.11 TDUs that I wear on duty and the removable knee pads are awesome. The polos are great too.