• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

5.11 holster shirt...I love it!

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

So in anticipation of receiving my CC permit, I purchased two 5.11 holster shirts, one black and one white. At the time I only had my Walther PPK/s. The shirt is perfect when concealment is more important than a fast draw. Depending on what you're wearing over it, the draw is very slow and awkward...but when hiding it is what counts, the shirt does the job perfectly. I can wear just about any comfortable to loose fitting top, and the shirt holds the gun tightly next to my body. It turns out I am even able to carry my full-sized SW99 .40 at times!In fact, the full frame fits better and is easier to draw, however the longer grip creates a bigger hump in front, so the shirt needs to be looser. It was designed for carrying under a dress shirt, and it also works well for carrying under a sweater/sweat shirt. I've also found it works under a loose t-shirt, if for instance you're wearing gym shorts with no belt.

I now mainly wear it for deep cover CC, and for my back-up if I'm openly carrying. The only real negative thing I can say about it is that the white shirt is almost see-through, so your skin tone shows through...

SIGarmed229

imported post

5.11 does not make products that last. I find myself going through 5.11 boots monthy as they fall apart which is why I stay away from that company. Speaking of nice shirts, I bought a collared SIGARMS polo shirt in tan and it looks absolutly wonderful. I love advertising it and its extremely comfortable.

vabi

imported post

my 511 boots are over 6 months old and not a rip, tear, or scuff. I dont understand how mine have been so satisfactory and your experience so poor. i also like the shirt and pants (allthough I have a lint problem with the black pants)

marc

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

I haven't experienced a problem with 5.11's products lasting, either. I've had a pair of their tactical khakis for...like 4 or 5 years, and have worn them a lot. They don't look new, but where other pants I have get tears and worn out, the 5.11's are great. (they hold up a whole lot better than my cammies, lol.)

Also, the holster shirts are very similiar to the underarmour material, EXCEPT they're thicker, and feel much sturdier.

Anyway this wasn't so much a 5.11 rocks thread as it was that their holster shirt rocks, and I don't think there's another product quite like it out there right now.

Rescue

imported post

After my experiences with 5.11 I would give any of their products a shot. I'v got two pairs of the 5.11 TDUs that I wear on duty and the removable knee pads are awesome. The polos are great too.