• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why open carry?

tjdempster

imported post

Sir, where is Jersey are you from?? I am from (haven't lived there since I joined the USMC after high school) Long Branch. Have a good day..:)

Shooter McGavin 01

imported post

Taurusfan, Thank you!!!! Finally someone who I can relate to! They were calling me a troll for months over the same issues and I stopped interacting because they could never answer me clearly. Always with the "because we can" response. Never any real input. I will tell you that you are wasting your time with these people. They will just call you a troll and make fun of what you say. LEO 229 and Namvet are the real deal. They will give you good responses if you have real questions and good input. Thanks.

LEO 229

imported post

I would say you OC becauseyou like the ability to defend yourself and the state permits it (by not banning it).

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

All of the above, plus it make me look very, very handsome.

In fact LEO229, with a pair of short shorts and a gun on my thigh, I might be able to take you.

LEO 229

imported post

openryan wrote:
All of the above, plus it make me look very, very handsome.

In fact LEO229, with a pair of short shorts and a gun on my thigh, I might be able to take you.

Nothing more fashionable than to have a new Semi-Auto pistol in a smashing holster. As Ali G would say "It's Wicked!"

Talk to Citizen before deciding to "Take me" cause he will not like that at all.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Shooter McGavin 01 wrote:
Taurusfan, Thank you!!!! Finally someone who I can relate to! They were calling me a troll for months over the same issues and I stopped interacting because they could never answer me clearly. Always with the "because we can" response. Never any real input. I will tell you that you are wasting your time with these people. They will just call you a troll and make fun of what you say. LEO 229 and Namvet are the real deal. They will give you good responses if you have real questions and good input. Thanks.

Actually you got a lot of good reasons. You simply don't care to listen (TROLL)
And there are more on other various threads, particularly the ones that aren't started by a troll and are legitimate discussions.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

You know it is amazing how this question keeps coming up. It would not be except this is a forum in support of Open Carry.

What seems to be lost in all this is simple comfort. In another month the daily temps here will be in the 90's every day. Under those conditions it is even too hot for an over shirt. Frankly I don't like the feel of the hammer jabbing me in the skin if I carry under a "T' shirt. Moreover, leather against my skin is irritating, and plastic is worse. Carry in a fanny pack is hot and causes prickly heat.

So while it is frankly nobodies business WHY I might choose to open carry when I do, it is simply more comfortable. So the real question is NOT why do I or anyone else here choose to OC. The real question is why would someone choose not to when it is more comfortable and it is legal to do so.

I have a CHP, and I carry in the manner I find comfortable. Even when I CC I do so with some disregard as to how well the gun is concealed, unless it is important to be more discrete for legal reasons. For you that NEVER OC because other people make you uncomfortable, well I would submit that is your problem, it is not a legitimate excuse, and in this forum you should explain why you refuse to OC. Nobody here owes you ANY explanation of why they do OC.

I also have skinny dipped a few times in my life. Just another form of OC from my point of view. You gonna ask why I would do that now?

You seem shocked that people have called you trolls for your posts here. Well I would submit that if you went on a NASCAR forum and advocated for hybrid race cars you might get tagged as a troll there too. You can't wade into a forum that is designated for a single purpose, advocate against that purpose, and expect to be welcomed as a supporter of their cause.

I have never liked the term 'troll" but you might forgive me if I have a vision of you riding in a slow boat dragging a bated hook in the water.

Regards

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

OK, I thought this thread had a chance to inform a few people on the benefits of OC, but it's apparent they came not to learn, but to chastise. It's a bit like going to a car dealer and asking why drive a car? If you don't know before you get there, just stay home.

Thanks for stopping by. Buh bye.

Thread Closed.