• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who needs a gun in a supermarket?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ews.html?in_article_id=441163&in_page_id=1811

No one had a gun but I bet they wish they did.

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Four wounded in dramatic Las Vegas knife attack [/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]VIDEO: Las Vegas police have released a dramatic mobile phone video of a knife attack at a Nevada supermarket that left four people wounded. [/font]

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]The alleged attacker was subdued and jailed on attempted murder charges. He has been identified as 39-year-old Jerry Gomez from Arizona, although he has also used the name Justin Gallo and claimed he was from Texas. [/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]Video...watch the knife attack
Windows Media Player
Real Player
[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]North Las Vegas police say the attack - filmed by a witness - appears to have been random [/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]A woman's screams can be heard amid grainy images of a man lunging at a security guard during the Tuesday attack at a 'Food 4 Less' store. [/font]
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]The guard and two clerks then chased and subdued the man in a checkout lane.[/font]

speedlace

imported post

Guess he thought after stabbing a couple people it was time to leave...:cuss:
Too bad security wasn't armed..:banghead:

longwatch wrote:
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][/font] [font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"]The guard and two clerks then chased and subdued the man in a checkout lane.[/font]

vega480

imported post

I just had a friend question why I carry everywhere I leagally can, even the grocery store. Guess I can forward this onto that friend as another point of you never know when.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Isn't Las Vegas where a guy went hunting with his shotgun inside of a grocery store in 1999?

Is it just me or are people these days more likely to take pictures of a crime in progress than do something about it?!

LoveMyCountry

ProtectMd

imported post

In Maryland its much more fun to take pictures and video of the crime in progress rather than do anything about it, after all, our lawmakers should be able to watch the evening news and see what kind of society they are creating with the laws they make.... Your only option in Marylandis to retreat and call 911.... And of course film it... makes for great youtube video's and compelling evidence in the fight forpro gun rights.

Old lady getting mugged? Don't stop it, if you do, chances are your going to spend more time in jail than her attacker.

Cop getting beat down? Definately his problem, just watch from afar and laugh... If you attempt to jump in and stop it your going to jail.

If your in PG county, theres a slight chance 911 maybe busy and you might be put on hold. Theres also the factor that the police most likely won't get there in time to stop the crime from happening, which is usually the case.

Its not that I support this concept, however the risk of getting sued by the suspect is high. The liability is high for a good samaritan in Maryland and the punishment for committing such crimes is slim to nill... In Virginia, Florida, i'll be more than happy to assist. DC? Maryland? haha, your on your own, after all, its the free state for criminals...

mserr

imported post

I just saw that video on another site. I thought the same thing "too bad nobody had a gun." Perfect example of that took place here a couple years ago. A CC permit holder was doing some shopping in a local wal-mart. Another woman who was also shopping in there had her estranged ex-husband come into the wal-mart and start stabbing her in the middle of the store. Even though it's illegal here to carry in an establishment that sells alcohol, the permit holder drew his weapon and fatally wounded the ex-husband. Lucky lady.