• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry at Wegman's grocery store

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I went to Wegman's today with my family and was in the store for about an hour while open carrying my 1911 in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster. I thought the store wouldn't be crowded on a Sunday afternoon, but I was wrong. That place seems to be busy all the time! A couple of years ago I would have predicted that if I'd open carried in a crowded grocery store in Fairfax County there would be people running for the exits and screams of "There's a man with a gun!", but the reality is quite different. As usual when I open carry hardly anybody seems to notice, and those who do nonchalontly have a look then go about their business. If you haven't open carried yet because you're afraid of how people will react, don't worry about it. Just go about your business as if you're doing nothing wrong, because you AREN'T! :cool:

SIGarmed229

imported post

I wish i was at wegmans when you were there. I live quite close acually. Indeed, I OC all the time at grocery stores but no one is running for cover or throwing vegitation and/or fruit at me to deter me. I've not carried at wegmans but i'm sure i will be shortly as i pass it to goto the movie theatre there.

opencarrypalmtrees

i open carry at wegmans all the time

I haven't seen anywhere that its posted at wegmans so I have open carried 9mm full size frame and I have also open carried a desert eagle again no one cares as of yet :)