• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do you need a gun in church?

IanB

imported post

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17572756/

Woman killed in front of churchgoers
Gunman got into argument with victim in church parking lot in Oakland
The Associated Press
Updated: 11:45 p.m. ET March 11, 2007

OAKLAND, Calif. - Horrified parishioners watched a man pull out a gun and open fire on a churchgoer as she tried to run away, fatally wounding her just before services began Sunday morning, police said.

Tanya McCall, 40, of Vallejo was shot multiple times after arguing with the man in the parking lot of Acts Full Gospel Church in East Oakland, witnesses told police. Paramedics responding from the fire station next door pronounced her dead at the scene.

McCall, who regularly attended the church, “apparently knew” the suspect, said Oakland police Sgt. Tony Jones.

Parishioners could not hear what the pair were arguing about, and police have yet to identify a suspect, Jones said.

Acts Full Bishop Bob Jackson said he and his parishioners are in shock.

“The church is supposed to be a safe haven for people to come to and now, as you can see, there are no safe havens,” said Jackson.

shdwrdr

imported post

I have said that criminal-minded people will not regard the law. It is a shame that it takes a tragedy like this for people to see it. We need to be able to carry everywhere, I don't care where it is. There is no place that criminals will not carry their guns and commit their crimes.

LeagueOf1291

imported post

shdwrdr wrote:
I have said that criminal-minded people will not regard the law. It is a shame that it takes a tragedy like this for people to see it. We need to be able to carry everywhere, I don't care where it is. There is no place that criminals will not carry their guns and commit their crimes.
They won't see it even after this tragedy. The anti-gunners are in this because of any "reason;" it's strictly about controlling people.

shdwrdr

imported post

Unfortunately, you are right about the rabid antis. I am referrring to the folks who are sitting on the fence, but are rational enough to think for themselves.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

While I am still on this side of the Pearly Gates I know that there is NO PLACE that evil cannot rear it's ugly head. At my church I am the guy that watches all that he can,is prepared to do whatever he canand prays that he never has to do more than that.

LoveMyCountry

LeagueOf1291

imported post

shdwrdr wrote:
Unfortunately, you are right about the rabid antis. I am referrring to the folks who are sitting on the fence, but are rational enough to think for themselves.
Yes, this is the sort of thing that might persuade a few on the fence. I hope it does.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Someone needs to make an online flash game....

A short scene plays out as two people meet in a generic location. The conversation between the two gets heated, and one person pulls a gun, shooting the other person dead.

You then get to choose to add something and play the scene again.

"Add Uniformed Police Officer" or "Add Armed Civilian"

If you add the PO, the scene plays out, and the gunman first shoots the PO (knowing that he's armed), then proceeds to kill the other man.

If you add the armed civilian, the man pulls the gun, but the armed civilian quickly draws his weapon and takes down the gunman.

You can also add some options like "remove gun", in which case the would-be gunman pulls a knife and kills the other man. Well then you can "remove knife" and the guy pulls a chain out. You could "remove all weapons" and the guy could beat him to death.....you get my point??

Mini14

imported post

Did not black church members have to post armed guards, to prevent Klan-related violenceduring the 1960s?

What with New Age Supremacists(I had my life threatened by them), Muslim crazies, gang bangers, and outlaw hill clans running loose; Church goers should be armed.