Thread: VA Open Carry Law - Where to find

Post imported post

I may have missed it in all the mass of postings since I am new to the forum, but does anyone have a link to or a copy of the actual code of VA that lists the actual law as far as Open Carry in VA?

Thanks.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

There is no law on open carry in VA or most states. That is why we can open carry without any permit.

Post imported post

Mike,

Have you considered making a locked sticky in this forum to cover a couple of the main questions that come up, this topic being one of them? "Where is the open carry law" and "Can 18 year olds open carry" seem to be popular questions.

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
    Have you considered making a locked sticky in this forum to cover a couple of the main questions that come up, this topic being one of them? "Where is the open carry law" and "Can 18 year olds open carry" seem to be popular questions.
    Not sure what a locked sticky is - but we are trying to update the data base with the min age to carry for each state

Post imported post

The terms vary from one forum format to another. Thread's that are "stickied" stay at the top of a forum, regardless of date. A locked thread simply doesn't allow people to post to it and clutter it up.

It's something I see a lot for useful information at some of the game related forums I frequent. The top few threads at this forum are an example of what I'm talking about.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/bo...0001&sid=1