• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armored car robbery at Spotsylvania Towne Center

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

From http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/032007/mallupdate

The Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office received a call about 12:30 today for a report of a robbery at the mall.

Sheriff Howard Smith said a guard was heading back to an armored car with a bag full of money when two men approached him near the rear of the mall near Sears. Just outside the mall, the suspects ordered the guard to the ground at gunpoint, took the money and the guard's 357 handgun, Smith said.

They then used plastic handcuffs to tie the guard's hands, Smith said.
Pretty brazen.

I guess the robbers didn't see the "no guns allowed" on Spotsy Towne Centers rules signs.

SIGarmed229

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
From http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/Web/2007/032007/mallupdate

The Spotsylvania Sheriff's Office received a call about 12:30 today for a report of a robbery at the mall.

Sheriff Howard Smith said a guard was heading back to an armored car with a bag full of money when two men approached him near the rear of the mall near Sears. Just outside the mall, the suspects ordered the guard to the ground at gunpoint, took the money and the guard's 357 handgun, Smith said.

They then used plastic handcuffs to tie the guard's hands, Smith said.
Pretty brazen.

I guess the robbers didn't see the "no guns allowed" on Spotsy Towne Centers rules signs.
On the contrary. They DID see the "no guns" sign and knew it was a safe haven. Therefore, they could do as they please with little or no problems.

ProtectMd

imported post

Sounds pretty professional and well thought out. The use of flexicuffs? I wonder if they were wearing ski masks... -(wearing a mask is a felony in virginia)

VAopencarry

imported post

VA Code:

§ 18.2-422. Prohibition of wearing of masks in certain places; exceptions.
It shall be unlawful for any person over sixteen years of age while wearing any mask, hood or other device whereby a substantial portion of the face is hidden or covered so as to conceal the identity of the wearer, to be or appear in any public place, or upon any private property in this Commonwealth without first having obtained from the owner or tenant thereof consent to do so in writing. However, the provisions of this section shall not apply to persons (i) wearing traditional holiday costumes; (ii) engaged in professions, trades, employment or other activities and wearing protective masks which are deemed necessary for the physical safety of the wearer or other persons; (iii) engaged in any bona fide theatrical production or masquerade ball; or (iv) wearing a mask, hood or other device for bona fide medical reasons upon the advice of a licensed physician or osteopath and carrying on his person an affidavit from the physician or osteopath specifying the medical necessity for wearing the device and the date on which the wearing of the device will no longer be necessary and providing a brief description of the device. The violation of any provisions of this section shall constitute a Class 6 felony.