Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCDL will hold a public meeting this Thursday, Mar 15, 8PM!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Have you remembered to sign up for the VA-ALERT yet? If so,
    are you enjoying it? If not, what are you waiting for? It's FREE!
    just click

http://www.vcdl.org/va-alert.html

------------------------------

From Today's VA-ALERT:

1. VCDL Public Meeting this Thursday

VCDL will hold a public meeting this Thursday, Mar 15.

6507 Columbia Pike
    Annandale, VA 22003
    Fellowship: 1930 - 2000 (7:30pm - 8:00pm)
    Meeting: 2000 - 2130 (8:00pm - 9:30pm)

Items for discussion at this meeting will address the recent Roanoke
    Times articles and the National Parks issue. The public is welcome!

Following the meeting, many members adjourn to a nearby restaurant for
    more fellowship.

For directions: http://www.mapquest.com/directions

The VCDL meeting schedule for 2007 can be found at:

http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html

Post imported post

Why are all the meetings scheduled for Northern VA and none scheduled for the Henrico or Chesterfield locations? Is there a problem booking the other venues?

Joe

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

There have been several meetings in Henrico area in last several years. Maybe email Philip and let him know you want more meetings dfown there and can help recruit new memebrs.

Post imported post

How far away do people come to these meetings? I'd love to attend, but being near Charlottesville, it seems too far for me. That and wifey won't be happy if I abandon her at home to take care of the boy herself for a night.

Plus, since every one seems to be on a thursday and run until 9:30 minimum, that would put me home near midnight and I get up at 5am on work-nights. Too bad they weren't on a Friday.

Post imported post

I'm not complaining as I haven't joined VCDL yet. I believe my girlfriend and I may try and make this meeting tomorrow but as Malibu pointed out its a pretty good haul from Richmond to Nova especially with traffic and not getting off work until 6:00. It just struck me as odd that all 10 of the meetings are scheduled for NOVA. I wasn't expecting every meeting to be in my backyard but maybe a couple. That is why i was asking if there was a problem with bookingthe central VA venues in Henrico and Chesterfield.

Joe

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Do I smell Regional Divisions?

Post imported post

no regional divisions that i know of. i guess i need to clarify what i mean by problem. by problem i mean not a problem of vcdl booking only NOVA sites, but a problem with the venues themselves to be able to book the CENVA locations.

joe

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

That's what I meant. Perhaps we need Northern, Southern and Western divisions? Montly Divisional meetings and quarterly (or greater) state wide meetings?

Post imported post

I have also wondered about videotaping the meeting discussion (only person on video would be the speaker at the front of the room. Crowd would not be on video for privacy reasons but the audio would be picked up if the crowd spoke) and posting the video on Youtube. This would make our meeting more accessible to those who are not in NoVA. I know if these meeting were in Richmond I would not attend them but I would appreciate the opportunity to watch taped meetings.

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    Do I smell Regional Divisions?
    Nah, that's just the onions on the sandwich I'm currently eating for lunch.

I had met someone at the gun shop north of Charlottesville a couple of weeks ago who said he was a regional coordinator or something for VCDL? Maybe for VCDL booths at gun shows? I don't remember his name (I'm horrible with names). I thought maybe he was involved with regional meetings that would include the Charlottesville area. That was the day after I joined VCDL too.

Edit:

Nevermind, I recognized his name on the VCDL website, he's one of the Shenandoah Gun Show Coordinators (Bob Schmidt). He was one of the guys that helped me make the decision to by my little Kel Tec PF9.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

The main reason for the meetings being in NOVA is that it is a stronghold of members. Even Philip drives up from Henrico for the meetings.

BTW I will be at the meeting as usual, I expect to see the Marine Mafia and Tonys 7 as well.

Post imported post

The VCDL started as the NVCDL(N for Northern) before it went statewide , this explains the concentration of members in our area . I am glad that it has expanded howeverit will just take some time to expand the organizational side as well .

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm really gonna try to be there, but my wife is having surgery first thing in the morning, cardiac catheterization. It's a preliminary procedure and fairly commonplace now, but she's still my wife. She wants me to go, but that all depends on how well she's doing.

Post imported post

I will not be at the meeting.

Post imported post

I don't know if it is the fact it was NVCDL, as much as NOVA= a lot of frikkin people. A lot of frikkin people = more members of VCDL in NOVA or I would say any statewide organization.

I may or may not be there, as usual, won't know until tomorrow. Might be able to make Fuddrucker's if not the meeting.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Since I live in Northern Virginia I like the meeting location.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    The main reason for the meetings being in NOVA is that it is a stronghold of members. Even Philip drives up from Henrico for the meetings.

BTW I will be at the meeting as usual, I expect to see the Marine Mafia and Tonys 7 as well.
    +1 for the Marine Mafia and Tonys 7

The wife and I will be there for the first time. As well as Fuddruckers.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

To bad for you SIG that only the Tonys 7 and Super Moderator know everyone in the Tonys 7 .

Post imported post

It will forever remaina mystery for me.. I was simply giving the Tonys 7 collectivly as a group the +1 for educating the MPD and citizens in Manassas the OC is totally legal and now everyone knows it. So +1 as a tribute to them.

Post imported post

hlh wrote:
    Yea, why not have the meeting 50% of the time on this side of the Mason Dixon line?
    Sir, I take great offence to that! LOL!

Hey, the northern portion of our great Commonwealth may not be much of the heart of Dixie anymore, but by golly it is still the start of Dixie. And, don't y'all forget what a formidable fighting force the Army of Northern Virginia was.

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    hlh wrote:
    Yea, why not have the meeting 50% of the time on this side of the Mason Dixon line?
    Sir, I take great offence to that! LOL!

Hey, the northern portion of our great Commonwealth may not be much of the heart of Dixie anymore, but by golly it is still the start of Dixie. And, don't y'all forget what a formidable fighting force the Army of Northern Virginia was.
    Haha, good to see another NOVA Rebel out there. Part of a dying breed brotha. Kind of off topic but I hate when people (my ignernt freinds) say that Virginia is not a Southern state. I always reassure them that the Capitol of the Confederacy was in Richmond but they don't seem to understand. The only people that believe Va is not a Southern State are most of the Northern Virginians, anywhere else in the state believes otherwise.

Post imported post

Actually, MD is technically a southern state as well, since the M-D Line is the border between MD and PA. MD was only prevented from seceding by a certain president arresting certain state legislators for not voting his way...

And thus, technically, Washington is also a southern city.

But it's all just geography.

BTW, +1 on the Marine Mafia.

Post imported post

lots of transplants in nova - started to see them creeping into spotsy, so i got out - headed back home.

Post imported post

longwatch wrote:
    I'll be there!

Post imported post

Tomahawk beat me to it. Maryland was a rebel state, in spirit. But the Federales put the strangle hold on them before the SHTF so to speak. Lincoln wasn't big on the idea of DC being surrounded by rebel states :shock:

I must have missed something the Marine Mafia seems to have grown. But I guess Tony's 7 will always remain 7.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast