• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL will hold a public meeting this Thursday, Mar 15, 8PM!

SIGarmed229

imported post

VApatriot wrote:
hlh wrote:
Yea, why not have the meeting 50% of the time on this side of the Mason Dixon line? :D
Sir, I take great offence to that! LOL!

Hey, the northern portion of our great Commonwealth may not be much of the heart of Dixie anymore, but by golly it is still the start of Dixie. And, don't y'all forget what a formidable fighting force the Army of Northern Virginia was.
Haha, good to see another NOVA Rebel out there. Part of a dying breed brotha. Kind of off topic but I hate when people (my ignernt freinds) say that Virginia is not a Southern state. I always reassure them that the Capitol of the Confederacy was in Richmond but they don't seem to understand. The only people that believe Va is not a Southern State are most of the Northern Virginians, anywhere else in the state believes otherwise.

Tomahawk

imported post

Actually, MD is technically a southern state as well, since the M-D Line is the border between MD and PA. MD was only prevented from seceding by a certain president arresting certain state legislators for not voting his way...

And thus, technically, Washington is also a southern city.

But it's all just geography.

BTW, +1 on the Marine Mafia.

sitedzn

imported post

lots of transplants in nova - started to see them creeping into spotsy, so i got out - headed back home.

VAopencarry

imported post

Tomahawk beat me to it. Maryland was a rebel state, in spirit. But the Federales put the strangle hold on them before the SHTF so to speak. Lincoln wasn't big on the idea of DC being surrounded by rebel states :shock:

I must have missed something the Marine Mafia seems to have grown. But I guess Tony's 7 will always remain 7.