• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL's last meeting

Eye Sha

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hopefully next time my wife will be there with me.She's never fired a gun, but I've convinced her togo to FrontSight with me and just got our certificates today!

That would be nice if she came. More women need guns. :cool: Congrats on the certificates.:lol:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Hey, don't Marines stand gate guard for Navy Bases? Oh yeah, not any more, they were replaced by rent-a-cops.....

DUCK!

(I know, I'm gonna catch hell, but what the hell, right?)

Don't be a hater because we are fighting a war in landlocked countries and the navy doesn't get to play.:dude:

No kidding - it's no fair you guys get to play!There just isn't a Navy in the world worth fighting anymore since the Soviet Navy fell....bastards!

I got nothing butbut love and respect for Marines. Gramps was on Guadalcanal and Dad was in61-62.

MarinesWife

imported post

Im still undecided on which gun to get .. I was lookin at a baby eagle, then a semiauto lady smith .. and some others but Im still not sure what to get ..

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Eye Sha wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Hopefully next time my wife will be there with me.She's never fired a gun, but I've convinced her togo to FrontSight with me and just got our certificates today!

That would be nice if she came. More women need guns. :cool: Congrats on the certificates.:lol:

Thanks! She agreed to the 4-day Defensive Pistol course only if we spend as much time in Vegas.... Hmmmmm.....Lemme think about this. Now I have to spend a week of guns, gambling, and drinking with a hot sexy Brazilian in Vegas......

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

She's my sweet Brazilian honey but inBrazil and only criminals and cops have guns andusually you can't tell the difference, so she's a little gun-shy. She's held my .45 and I catch her looking through mycatalogs all the time. She really understands why I have them and I'm taking my time and being patient with her. She's a dual citizen, a naturalized Americanand loves this nationand knows more American history that most of us! So now I'm teaching her that with the privilege of being an American comes the responsibility of being an actual guardian of that liberty and what better way than through the right to keep and bear arms!

Eye Sha

imported post

BobCav wrote:
and what better way than through the right to keep and bear arms!
That's right! I am looking forward to meeting her. I hope she comes with you next time. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

longwatch wrote:
If youre going to OC nothing wrong with having some style and prettying up a piece.

I wonder what Manassas PD would have said about 7 men with pink pistol grips?

I bet the first one in the door would have froze in mid-rant---dead silence while he figured out what to say!

I wonder what Clodfelter would have had to say about THAT in his e-mail.

VAopencarry

imported post

Eye Sha wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:
BTW Was that a custom grip on your wife's Bersa or just painted grips?

They were would grips that I bought from ebay. I painted them myself. :D
Cool, I just curious if they had that kind of after market support. One day I am going to get some pink grips for a gun. I ony have 2 handguns that I can change grips on and I just couldn't disrespect my compact Baby Eagle that way.:D

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
longwatch wrote:
If youre going to OC nothing wrong with having some style and prettying up a piece.

I wonder what Manassas PD would have said about 7 men with pink pistol grips?

I bet the first one in the door would have froze in mid-rant---dead silence while he figured out what to say!

I wonder what Clodfelter would have had to say about THAT in his e-mail.

Perusinga pack ofpretty patrons peaceably packing pretty pink pistols, would proceed topermanently puzzle hispreconceived and paltry perceptions of pro-gun patrons!

TEX1N

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hey, don't Marines stand gate guard for Navy Bases? Oh yeah, not any more, they were replaced by rent-a-cops.....

DUCK!

(I know, I'm gonna catch hell, but what the hell, right?)

One of Kiefer Sutherland's lines from A Few Good Men comes to mind (and it went something like this):

"I like all of you Navy boys; 'cause anytime I need to go somewhere, you boys give me a ride!"

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Perusinga pack ofpretty patrons peaceably packing pretty pink pistols, would proceed topermanently puzzle hispreconceived and paltry perceptions of pro-gun patrons!
That one gets the Assclown Alliteration Award! :D