• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL's last meeting

Haroon

imported post

I met a lot of people and I already forgot many names. I know naked, the sopranos avatar guy but I forgot your name too(sorry)....I forget who said their handle was VAopencarry, Phillip..and that seems to be it. Anyone else that met me can pm me or post here but I want to get familiar again with the people at the meeting. Hopefully I will be able to come to the next meet. What was the name of the man who had glasses and was speaking up front at the police station?

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hi, Haroon. I was sitting next to BobCav during the meeting and met youand your significant other standing by the door, when I came in. (I had on the "Hard Rock Cafe" jacket) While I've beena member for about a year, this was my first meeting. When we go more often we'll pick up all the names. It was nice to meet you and all the others! Oh yeah, -
What was the name of the man who had glasses and was speaking
- I believe you are referring to Jim Snyder. He was discussing databases, etc.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yep, I was there and was sitting right next to DoubleR....not much help there, huh? I was at fuddruckers right across from VAopenCarry and NekkidShoplifter (dude, that name cracks me up every time)

And for the record, I do NOT look like my avatar..that is TONY SOPRANO!

SIGarmed229

imported post

The wife (marinewife) and I were there along with a freind. I had the Remington hat on and the wife had a Ford racing jacket. Went to Fuddruckers afterwards.

MarinesWife

imported post

I think the guy with the glasses that was refered toas the "database" was Jim? Not 100% sure though. I know VAopencarry is Chris. And then there was Andy and Andrew. Those are the only people I know.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

That was Jim Snyder the VCDL VP, he is also an uber open carrier, he refuses to get a permit until they allow concealed carry in restaurants.

VAopencarry

imported post

I'm wearing a name tag next time. So many people there I don't meet/know who they are on OCDO.

I introduced myself after the meeting, before leaving for Fuddrucker's, former Marylander, told you where Fuddrucker's was located. BTW Was that a custom grip on your wife's Bersa or just painted grips?

If in doubt to someone's name, just call them Andrew, that will increase your odds of getting it right as there are 3 of them.:shock:

Chris

MarinesWife

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Just ask for the one who was in the Marines, that will clear it up.:D
There were SO many jarheads at that meeting, I dont think asking for someone who was/or is in will do any good :p

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hey, don't Marines stand gate guard for Navy Bases? Oh yeah, not any more, they were replaced by rent-a-cops.....

DUCK!

(I know, I'm gonna catch hell, but what the hell, right?)

MarinesWife

imported post

Marines have more important things to do then guard a NAVY (yuck!) base, let their own men stand guard

Eye Sha

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
BTW Was that a custom grip on your wife's Bersa or just painted grips?

They were would grips that I bought from ebay. I painted them myself. :D

longwatch

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Hey, don't Marines stand gate guard for Navy Bases? Oh yeah, not any more, they were replaced by rent-a-cops.....

DUCK!

(I know, I'm gonna catch hell, but what the hell, right?)

Don't be a hater because we are fighting a war in landlocked countries and the navy doesn't get to play.:dude:

longwatch

imported post

Eye Sha wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:

If youre going to OC nothing wrong with having some style and prettying up a piece.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Eye Sha wrote:
VAopencarry wrote:

Hi and welcome aboard.It's not every day you see a pretty lady with a pretty gun.....that just spells trouble no matter what!

Glad you and hubby came and it was mice meeting you both. Hopefully next time my wife will be there with me.She's never fired a gun, but I've convinced her togo to FrontSight with me and just got our certificates today!