Thread: Open Carry in New Orleans

Post imported post

I live a block off Canal Street in the CBD and there is a lot of riff-raff in this area - I have had a couple of close calls with muggers, so I'm considering open carry for self-defense/deterrence. Would open carry on occasional short runs in the neighborhood be OK, or do you think the police would give me trouble? Thanks

Post imported post

I would think the NOLA cops would try to give you grief, therefore keep a copy of the La.Constitution, Art.1;Sec11, at hand. Should be enough, let us know how you fare with this.

Post imported post

It would be OK. If you are "hassedled" by the NOPD tell them about the OC laws and that it is legal.
    Havinga copy of the La.Constitution, Art.1;Sec11 wouldn't hurt, but I don't carry any around.

fallout50 wrote:
    Would open carry on occasional short runs in the neighborhood be OK, or do you think the police would give me trouble? Thanks

Post imported post

Is there a link to this Article somewhere to print out?

Post imported post

There you go Phaetos:

http://senate.legis.state.la.us/Docu...f%20Government

Just scroll down to section 11.

Post imported post

Does anyone have any real-life experiences of encounters with LEOs while open-carrying in the city?
    Total ignorance: an Obama supporter's stock in trade
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    All the talk about Overthrowing Big Government, Revolution, etc., it's just another one of those nostalgic ideas that individuals have idealized.
    O RLY?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...and_rebellions
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady View Post
    Books are overrated; and so is history.

Post imported post

Going into N.O. metroplex today packing openly. Wish me well.

Post imported post

preacher wrote:
    Going into N.O. metroplex today packing openly. Wish me well.
    Haven't been there since pre-Katrina, actually about 2 months pre... I never noticed anybody open or concealing in the touristy parts though. Is it more prevalent now?
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Completely uneventful for the most part. We did notice that at the coin store when we first walked in 2 men were in a very opinionated and animated conversation. They continued in this way for a few minutes and then as I was talking with the owner about my purchase, my wife noticed they got real quiet and just kinda kept looking at us.

She was wondering what had changed and later when back in the truck on the way home I guess she thought of my pistol and asked if I was wearing it when we were in the store. I told her yes and she said, 'that's why' and then told me she could not figure why those 2 were suddenly so different while we were in there.

I find, like others have posted similar experiences, dark shirt and jeans with a black gun and holster go unnoticed most of the time.