• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Meet the man that trashedthe DC Gun ban

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

This is the job that the NRA(spit) is supposed to be doing rather than trying to keep politicians in their pocket.

When I'm home I'm going to start a thread of all of the NRA(spit)'s mis-deeds, reminding the vets of the military saw, "one 'aw-snit' wipes out a thousand 'atta-boys'." Project Exile is a ten-zillion aw-snit on 'shall not be infringed.'

Their conspiracy of ignorance only masquerades as common sense.

Kelly J

imported post

Doug I understand your feelings and agree that the NRA has gone off the main goal on occasion but in their defense aside from the Origination CRTKABA (Citizens Right to Keep and Bear Arms) we really don't have a major spokesman or group to take the fight to the Government, because there are simply to many gun owners that will sit back and let others take the fight to the Government rather than get their hands bloody in the fight, it is sort of like the Vietnam era when the feeling was don't worry about it Charlie will take care of it mentality.

As citizens here in the United States, we are not willing to get involved it the political battles because 1. We don't think we are smart enough to compete with the Politicians, 2. The old "you can't fight city hall” mind set. 3. They simply don't care. 4. They forget that this Government is Of the People, By the People, & For the People.

If you really want to do some real good take the people to task for their inactivity to the state of Governmental affairs, their apathy to the Situation at hand, and help to remind them that this Government is a Republic not a Democracy, and that the Government only gets it's power from the Governed not the opposite, People here have either forgotten this or don't care, they are more concerned that the Government are taking care of every little thing that they need or want that they have lost sight of just who the Masters are in this Governmental body which is the PEOPLE. And to reinstitute the Teaching of the meaning of Patriotism, Love of Country and to again teach History in it's entirety, Good, Bad of indifferent, and again teach the Constitution to our children so they know where they stand as Citizens, so the Government can not pull the wool over their eyes and convince them that they know what is best for them, "BS"

Thank you for your Service, watch your SIX, and come home when the job is done.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Kelly J wrote:
This is a very interesting read, especially when you realize this person is not a gun advocate and does not allow any advocacy supporters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03 /17/AR2007031701055.html

Robert Levy is a very sharp guy.

This story also shows the benefits of an outsider addressing problems with eyes and thoughts that insiders cannot. The shrewdest thing Levy did was to not ally himself with any politics or organization. That way, he could callall the shots.

If his case gets heard by SCOTUS, the issue of individual vs. collective nature of 2A will be decided. That's obviously what Levy is aiming for. If 2A is determined to be an individual right, everyone here will be happy and Levy will be a god.

Of course, if it goes the other way, his name will be Mud.

Kelly J

imported post

HankT wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
This is a very interesting read, especially when you realize this person is not a gun advocate and does not allow any advocacy supporters.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03 /17/AR2007031701055.html

Robert Levy is a very sharp guy.

This story also shows the benefits of an outsider addressing problems with eyes and thoughts that insiders cannot. The shrewdest thing Levy did was to not ally himself with any politics or organization. That way, he could callall the shots.

If his case gets heard by SCOTUS, the issue of individual vs. collective nature of 2A will be decided. That's obviously what Levy is aiming for. If 2A is determined to be an individual right, everyone here will be happy and Levy will be a god.

Of course, if it goes the other way, his name will be Mud.

No I don't think his name will be mud, and unless I misunderstand no matter if the SC hears the case unless they reverse each and every Precedent that was used they will remain on the records and be available for future references, but I'm not sure about that.

At any rate no matter how it comes out he did get the Decision in the DC Circuit Court to go his way.

If the SCOTUS hears this case it will be to afirm the Right of the PEOPLE to Keep and bear arms, as the Second Sentance of the 2nd Amendment has always clearly stated, it was only the Lawyers, and special interest Groups that thought otherwise, We the People always knew it was an individual Right.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

Thanks for your reasoned reply.

I note the absence of NRA(spit) apologists on keepandbeararms.coms news commentary.

We do have state level models to follow, VCDL and GRGRSC are two of note. "All politics being local," I commend their leadership on regional and national issues.

Some have forgotten, for instance, the NRA(spit)'s involvement in the attack on GRNC/members and few know or admit the NRA(spit)'s dishonesty in South Carolina. I submit that Wisconsin's PPA failed for NRA(spit) influenced leadership compromising with special interests until the act was an omnibus of compromise ("Compromise is failure on the installment plan.")

Again, thank you and thank you for your good words.

My dot.sig and not directed at this correspondent, 'The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. See keepandbeararms.com archive of NRA loving-gun control abuses.

Doug Huffman

Banned
imported post

hlh wrote:
Interesting article. I'm thrilled to see others taking up the fight for our "liberties". If we all work together, and don't allow the enemy to split our ranks that includes the NRA, we'll have continued victories.
A 'rank' is made of individuals. If we pursue the 'rank and file' metaphore, this 'troop' would be comprised of NRA(spit), GOA, KABA, SAF et cetera. The hierarchy then would be...?

The NRA(spit) dishonesty unacknowleged is divisive. Do you know of their dishonesty? Or are merely parroting their disinformation?

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Kelly J

imported post

The one thing I find really interesting here is the fact that this Lawyer, Libertarian, Man, is all these things but most of all he is an American and a Patriot, to me all the other things pale by comparison, there are far tofew Patriots in this Country.

God Bless you Mr. Levy

LeagueOf1291

imported post

Kelly J wrote:
<snip> unless I misunderstand no matter if the SC hears the case unless they reverse each and every Precedent that was used they will remain on the records and be available for future references, but I'm not sure about that.

<snip>

If they hold against us on this issue, it becomes the new precedent on the issue. They ignore precedents whenever it suits them, even so far as to claim to overrule a precedent when they are not, and to deny overruling one when they are.

Don't overestimate their integrity.McCain/Feingold, anyone?Hmmmmmm?

Kelly J

imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
Kelly J wrote:
<snip> unless I misunderstand no matter if the SC hears the case unless they reverse each and every Precedent that was used they will remain on the records and be available for future references, but I'm not sure about that.

<snip>
If they hold against us on this issue, it becomes the new precedent on the issue. They ignore precedents whenever it suits them, even so far as to claim to overrule a precedent when they are not, and to deny overruling one when they are.

Don't overestimate their integrity.McCain/Feingold, anyone?Hmmmmmm?
I'm 65 years old and trust no Politician, on any subject and I really shudder when I hear Trust me I will do the right thing when it comes time to act.
I wasn't sure about the Courts position if they do in fact overturn the DC Circuit decision, but being an optimist I don't think that is going to happen but in a real way it would be a sad thing if they didn't and the case never got to the Supreme Court for their final decision declaring that the Second Amendment does in fact hold that the Right to keep and bear arms IS Protected by the Constitution of the United States of America

[/quote]