Thread: Pending Traffic Misdemeanors, affect rifle purchase?

Post imported post

I have been looking through the VA statutes for certain code barring the purchase of a firearm by a person with pending charges and cannot find any legislation expressly prohibiting such.

I am aware that a convicted felon is not permitted to purchase a firearm. Unsure about a person with pending felony charges. However, what I am most interested, at this point, is whether a person with pending traffic misdemeanor charges is prohibited from purchasing a firearm. It is this particular scenerio that I am unable to locate statutes for.

So, I am wondering if anyone out there would know, under these circumstances, if a firearm purchase is prohibited.

Post imported post

Check this site out.... http://www.lcav.org/states/virginia.asp

I don't have time to cut and paste what you need due to the amount of information and its almost time for me to get ready for work...But maybe it will get you started in the right direction.

Stay safe...

Highlander

Post imported post

a friend of mine got a posession charge and already went to court for it.about 3 weeks after his court date,he bought a handgun at the last chantilly gun show. the background check took about half an hour, but they let him buy it. it was done with a real FFL, it wasn't some private sale.

i'd say considering my friend got a handgun after being found guilty of posession, you're probably fine with a traffic infraction.

Post imported post

Traffic, no problem. Pending felony or misdemeanor in which you can recieve a sentence of 1 year or more, problem.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson