• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bullet Control??

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Up till now, I thought bullet control meant shot groupings....

I guess I was wrong. What the hell are these people thinking?? Am I the only one that sees this as an act of desperation? Methinks they realize that gun control is failing (duh) and this is the next angle of attack.

This is getting nuts... a whole 100 rounds in his apartment? That's only 30 minutes at the range!!

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03192007/news/regionalnews/guns_arent_enough___pols_want_bullet_control_regionalnews_dan_kadison.htm

GUNS AREN'T ENOUGH - POLS WANT BULLET CONTROL
By DAN KADISON

March 19, 2007 -- Getting guns off the street is not enough to stop violent crime, a group of lawmakers said yesterday.
You have to stop the bullets, too.
"For far too long we have ignored the relationship between bullets and gun crimes," state Sen. Eric Adams (D-Brooklyn), a former NYPD captain, said as he held a hollow-point slug. "We can no longer allow this item, this bullet, to be that silent partner."
Adams said he was introducing legislation that would mandate the tracking of ammunition and force buyers to register the bullets they purchase.
Adams was joined by state Sens. Malcolm Smith and Eric Schneiderman outside De Marco's restaurant in Greenwich Village, where a crazed gunman shot and killed a bartender last week before chasing down two auxiliary cops and murdering them in cold blood on the street.
The killer, David Garvin, 42, was shot to death moments later by police. He was carrying a bag with nearly 100 rounds of ammunition. Cops later seized another 100 rounds in his apartment.
One bill would permit the sale of bullets only to individuals who hold legal gun licenses that specify the type of ammunition being purchased. A second bill would require manufacturers to brand bullets sold in New York with a traceable code to help police track them during criminal probes.
"If David Garvin did not have - as we believe he did not have - a permit for the gun he was carrying, he shouldn't be allowed to buy bullets," Schneiderman said.

Flowmaster

imported post

i wonder what they'll do with all the reloading products? make them contraband? there are so many reloading presses floating around here in the US, they'll never successfully track/limit the number of bullets held by private citizens.

i've got sevral thousand rounds, i bet many people on thisforum do. you can buy 550 packs of .22LR at walmart for $11.i wonder what the new york post would think of that?

TEX1N

imported post

Why stop with bullets? What about cars and cell phones? In todays world I would be willing to bet that most criminals use a car and cell phone to commit or plan their crimes. Why don't we make people prove they have a gun permit before we allow them to buy a car or cell phone? That way criminals will not have the transportation or communication means to continue in their uncontrollable anti-social ways.

And don't even get me started about shoes and computers! :banghead:

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

"For far too long we have ignored the relationship between bullets and gun crimes," state Sen. Eric Adams (D-Brooklyn)

What a doofus. I say, for far too long we have ignored the relationship between idiots and bad laws.

TEX1N

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
"For far too long we have ignored the relationship between bullets and gun crimes," state Sen. Eric Adams (D-Brooklyn)

What a doofus. I say, for far too long we have ignored the relationship between idiots and bad laws.
Now this may be out there, but in response to Sen Adams I would submit the following:

"For far too long we have ignored the relationship between criminals and crime!"

Dark Wolf

imported post

Tex1n said: "Now this may be out there, but in response to Sen Adams I would submit the following:

"For far too long we have ignored the relationship between criminals and crime!""

I say: Now how can we get D.C, NY, California, and Chicago in on this little tip: "For far too long we have ignored the relationship between criminals and crime!""