• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Wins another Ally

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I met the local owner of a franchised business while OC'ing today. He was curious about the weapon.I filled him in a little bit on VA being one of the better states for firearms freedom. He really didn't know. I also paraphrased some of the law for him. Heexpressed an interest in getting a gunfor himself.And appreciated my offer to hunt up some materials for him, and my promise to get back to him by the end of the week.

Another ally! OC works!

D

Desertdoc

imported post

What are we going to do tomorrow brain?

The same thing we do every day pinky.......

plan to take over the world!

72Malibu

imported post

Cool!

I actually got to educate a friend of mine this past weekend while OCing in a restaurant. He knows I have a permit and asked me why I was OCing. I told him since the restaurant serves alcohol, I'm required by law to either leave the vehicle in the car or carry it openly, and added that you can carry openly in the state without a permit.

He was interested, but I don't know if he likes the idea of carrying a visible firearm. He's in the process of getting his permit at the moment.

67GT390FB

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
What are we going to do tomorrow brain?

The same thing we do every day pinky.......

plan to take over the world!
ithought the animaniacs were great. my favorite was when the three main characters wind up in hell and the devil comes storming up and the little brother says wait a minute and runs back to the surface makes a snowball which goes poof the instant he gets back and he say's "aw they were right it didn't stand a chance"

DeadCenter

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I met the local owner of a franchised business while OC'ing today. He was curious about the weapon.I filled him in a little bit on VA being one of the better states for firearms freedom. He really didn't know. I also paraphrased some of the law for him. Heexpressed an interest in getting a gunfor himself.And appreciated my offer to hunt up some materials for him, and my promise to get back to him by the end of the week.

Another ally! OC works!

Nice work --

DC

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Iwrote earlier:
Thank you. I got another one today. I'll tell you all about it later. No time just now.
Here'sthe story. Some may recall a previous post in another thread where I mentioned a young lady I met while OCing telling me she took the view, "If nobody had guns, nobody could use them to..."She was literally just voicing her viewpoint, not attacking or invalidating me. Ipleasantly acknowledged her without hint of invalidation.

Fast forward to today. Same place. Same young lady is already present at the sceneas I'm paying. As I'm about to sign the credit card slip, another member of the staff, also a young lady, joins us at the counter and asks with a curious smile if I'mpolice. Ianswerthat I'm not.She says, "Is that legal?" I say,"Yes, in Virginia you have...Whereupon the young lady in theparagraph above finishes for me,saying to her friend, "the right to keep and bear arms."WOW! I still can hardly believe it!

Igot a number ofquestions about firearms possession, taking the opportunity totouch on VA law and so forth. In fact, it took their supervisor reminding them of work toredirect their interest and end the discussion.

Well, I guess it says something when the young ladies are more interested in my firearm than me. I'm just not willing to think too closely on what it says.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
...SNIP

Well, I guess it says something when the young ladies are more interested in my firearm than me.  I'm just not willing to think too closely on what it says. 

Not to slight what may be your devilish charm, but they might just be thinking that they could augment their personal safety.:lol:

They can either buy a weapon of their own (expensive) or, and here is a tip for you, just hang out with you! (much cheaper)

30 cal slut

imported post

the timing of this post couldn't be more interesting.

last week, i wandered into a mail boxes etc (not in Va) to get my Utah CCW app notarized.

the gent who notarized the app was very curious about the process and started to ask me a ton of questions about the ccw process in my home state. at first i was annoyed (mind yer own business dude) but i started to realize that he wanted learn more about lawful firearms ownership to protect himself and his family.

luckily, i had a lot of"gun" stuff with me in a folder and happened to have a printout of the official rules and regulations of applying for a CCW (i live in a quasi shall-issue state) and gave it to him to peruse (hell i just printed it off the internet). i wrote down the name and numberof an NRA safety instructor in the area and gave that to him to.

one week later, i stop by the same store to pick up a cardboard box to ship something, and the same gent tells me he's signed up for a 4 hour safety course with the dude I referred him to.

;)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well, thanks for the uplifting advice about the ladies. I may have to reconsider the implications of the young ladies being more interested in my firearm thanmyself. I guess there must be some way to spin it. Something like, "maybe they'll notice the way the satin-finish stainless steel firearm complements the gray in myhair."

Somehow I don't think so. But thanks for trying, fellas. :)

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

30 cal slut wrote:
one week later, i stop by the same store to pick up a cardboard box to ship something, and the same gent tells me he's signed up for a 4 hour safety course with the dude I referred him to.
Great!!

Who else has a success story?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
They can either buy a weapon of their own (expensive) or, and here is a tip for you, just hang out with you! (much cheaper)

So, are you saying I'm cheap? :p

Have we dated? :D It wasn't exactly memorable if we did. :p:D