• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Table @ Richmond Raceway Gun Show?

67GT390FB

imported post

Does anyone know if VCDL will be set up at the Showmaster Gun Show at the Richmond Raceway this weekend? i saw where they were going to be at the Hampton show but am unsure about the Richmond one and am not sure that i can make it up to Chantilly next weekend.

Joe

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I would think yes based on working the VCDL table at the Fredericksburg show this past weekend. We were pushing the fact the membership fees increase on April 1 and recent issues with City of Manassas and the Roanoke Times.

That said, this weekend's Richmond show isn't listed in Monday's VA-Alert.

Try contacting the central region coordinator via http://www2.vcdl.org/cgi-bin/wspd_cgi.sh/vcdl/gs.html

Drake

imported post

What is that gun-show going to be like. This weekend I am going be back in Richmond, so I may actually decide to stop by. I never been to a gun show before, so if someone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it.

Not really looking towards buying a gun atm .... only thing I am considering is a M1 Garand. Since my knowledge about guns is limited, I probably would just end up getting ripped off or something :?

sitedzn

imported post

this weekend's show (at RIR) usually has more antique items than the one at the Showplace.

67GT390FB

imported post

DDrake wrote:
What is that gun-show going to be like. This weekend I am going be back in Richmond, so I may actually decide to stop by. I never been to a gun show before, so if someone could give me some advice I would really appreciate it.

Not really looking towards buying a gun atm .... only thing I am considering is a M1 Garand. Since my knowledge about guns is limited, I probably would just end up getting ripped off or something :?

The showplace shows are really the better show, but the RIR one is ok. where are you located? if you are in NOVA go to the chantilly show the following weekend but be careful not to get overwhelmed as it is huge. Ask here about what to look for when purchasing a Garand. I believe there is a seperate forum for gun advice here on OCDO but ask here too it can't hurt. Also if in richmond drop by greentop sporting goods on rt 1 in ashland. they usually have a couple of garands grab one off the rack take it to the counter and ask one of the guys there all your questions. be honest up front that you don't know what to look for to tell the condition and they will be more than helpful but honest.

Joe

sitedzn

imported post

maybe go to green top first and get your questions answered, THEN go to the gun show to purchase. could probably save you a couple hundred - IMO green top is usually high on prices.

67GT390FB

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
maybe go to green top first and get your questions answered, THEN go to the gun show to purchase. could probably save you a couple hundred - IMO green top is usually high on prices.

i was thinking the same but i thought maybe better to pay a little more at first and learn w/o the fear of buying a pig in a poke. then once your knowledge base and confidence increases hit the shows.

joe