Thread: New Jersey Recognizes 2A?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

New Jersey Court Recognizes 2nd Amendment and Holds that it Trumps Gun Forfeiture Law!!!

Belvidere, N.J, March 19, 2007 — In a landmark written opinionfiled February 27, a New Jersey Superior Court recognized the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and held that a citizen’s Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms cannot be involuntarily waived under a New Jersey firearms forfeiture law.

http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/content/view/52/35/

Post imported post

BobCav wrote:
    New Jersey Court Recognizes 2nd Amendment and Holds that it Trumps Gun Forfeiture Law!!!

Belvidere, N.J, March 19, 2007 — In a landmark written opinionfiled February 27, a New Jersey Superior Court recognized the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution and held that a citizen’s Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms cannot be involuntarily waived under a New Jersey firearms forfeiture law.

http://www.washingtonceasefire.com/content/view/52/35/
    Wow, I guess that with this ruling, gun owners are now going to start moving to PRNJ by the millions!

In reality, even with this ruling, PRNJ remains one of the worst states (behind PRIL and PRHI)to live in for gun owners. Nothing in this ruling all of a sudden gives PRNJ residents de facto RTC or ends the draconian registration requirements. I'm 26 and I don't expect PRNJ toextend full 2A rights to its subjects anytime in my lifetime. In the grand scheme, what really has changed for residents of this god awful people's republic?