Thread: Duty to retreat in Maryland?

Post imported post

http://www.nbc4.com/news/11225284/detail.html

This is what happens when you attempt to retreat from armed gangs in Maryland. Now if only this man was armed.... I think it would have turned out differently.

Post imported post

Criminals fear armed citizens , but they know that in MD as in DC they are unlikely to come across an armed citizen . That is why they are so bold.......

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ProtectMd wrote:
    http://www.nbc4.com/news/11225284/detail.html

This is what happens when you attempt to retreat from armed gangs in Maryland. Now if only this man was armed.... I think it would have turned out differently.
    An idea for whoever might have time to pursue it:

I notice the story is oriented around "tragedy," "senseless," "victim." All viewpoints calculated towards, "what a shame, another wasted life, they were good kids" Sympathetic head-shakes and nodsall around.

Read the piece again and notice how they carefully insert words and quotes that steer one's emotions in the direction of letting it pass with a feeling of "what a shame." Of all the words in the English language, they chose exactly the ones you see on your screen to report this. Of all the people they could possibly talk to or interview, they chose to report the words of the people you see on your screen.

When this hits a media that has a place to leave comments, maybe somebody can tell the media jerks to try something like OUTRAGE. A police officer should be saying, "We are pushed beyond all tolerance by the unprovoked killing of our youth, and we will hunt you down and subject you to the full weight of our justice system." The media should be orienting around OUTRAGE. WHY AREN'T THEY?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Your right as far as leaving it open to comments. But at the same time, you know it also goes to show that nto everyone living in 'the hood' is a criminal. It goes to show that Marylands current laws are a failure.... that they don't allow law abiding educated citizens to protect themselves. I bet that guy was giong to becomea lawyer someday who might have helped defend them in court, but they killed him. They shoot themselves in the foot in the end -criminals, time and time again...

Post imported post

The Perp. has been captured (age 16) . He confessed and said he chose his victim because he looked like an easy target . He likely will be on the streets again in 5 years or less . I would leave MD and not look back .

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Good points all. Still need to hit the media for their tepid response.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.