• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Update on Tonys 7 3/23/07

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Citizen wrote:
BobCav wrote:
1. More often than not these daysI look at all the garbage such as this that we're forced to muddle through as a people; all the corruption in government, the self-serving interests of our police, poor representation, the self-serving press, our weak national will, and most of all the blind, ignorant andapathetic populationand I find my heart filled with agreat and deep sadness and disappointent.

2. Why? Because people just can't do the right thing in the first place. Not our government, not our legistlators, not our press, not our police. Sadly still is that there is great money to be made in fear and failure.

3. This is not the America I served for 20 years to protect and save. I want my America back.
Buck up, buddy! These things have been with us for a very long time.Christ and the Apostles didn't set out with their message because they thought things were going great. The philosophers down through history didn't rack their brains to persuade usinto being more civilized because things were going good.This country is exactly what you would expect fromahumanity limited bythe personal shortcomings of its members. Its a country that self-governs.

Buck up, buddy! Blind, ignorant population?Blindness and ignoranceareexactly what the philosophers were combating. Apathy? Religions have at their corea common element: hope. Holy men throughout history have kepthope alivefor those who needed help with it.

Buck up, buddy! Things have deteriorated since '87; butyou looked around and discovered more than just the deterioration. Now you see what has been with usfor a very long time.

This leaves the deterioration, such as it truly is, not how the media portrays it to us.The mediaalways make things seem worse than they are because they onlypresent the bad news. Walk past a school and watch the kids at play. Go to the mall and watch an elderly couple walking hand in hand.Say something nice to that woman behind the counter and watch her smile.

Ican'tcorrectall deteriorations everywhere. Butthat doesn't meanI can't do something. I like firearms. I've chosen tocontribute to arresting or resisting that piece of thedeterioration represented byloss of2A rights. You have, too.

How are you doing now?

I don't need to buck up at all, thanks,I'm just fine. I've handled both adversity and power equally well for a very long time. And through a deliberate and thoughtfulstudy ofhistory do indeed know these problems havebeen around for a very, very long time. This is just a simpleexpression of the frustration that could fill a 50 page chapter in a book. And it may very well! Of course I have hope, as do the rest of us, or we wouldn't be here.

Admitting that we are experiencing the same things that have happenedfor millennia, by those empires that have all inevitably failed and for the same reasons, is to admit that wehave also failed to learn the lessons of history and are thus are heading down that same path to share their fate! The true tragedy there lies in that our founders designed this nation to prevent that very fate!

So then which is the true America? The original genius designor that which it has become? Which has a greater right to exist? Some people today would be HORRIFIED to live in the actual free American society as it was designed, merely because they would lose their political,financial and/or criminal advantages, thus their control over the people. As would our founding fathers be equally if not more HORRIFIED to see what America has become! America is coming to a crossroads, thechoice of which path is to be taken must be made by deliberate and thoughful discernment by an educated population, not by some MySpace poll or American Idol call in.

I have always studiedthe past, acted fortoday and held hope for tomorrow. That doesn't mean it doesn't get frustrating. Even Jesus overturned the money changer tables in the temple. Perhaps it's time again...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav wrote:
More often than not these days I look at all the garbage such as this that we're forced to muddle through as a people; all the corruption in government, the self-serving interests of our police, poor representation, the self-serving press, our weak national will, and most of all the blind, ignorant and apathetic population and I find my heart filled with a great and deep sadness and disappointment.

Why?  Because people just can't do the right thing in the first place.  Not our government, not our legistlators, not our press, not our police.  Sadly still is that there is great money to be made in fear and failure.

This is not the America I served for 20 years to protect and save.  I want my America back.

BobCav --

Something to think about-
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -- John Stuart Mill

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Jeff Cooper

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
- Ted Nugent

Regards

1st freedom

imported post

BobCav wrote:
More often than not these daysI look at all the garbage such as this that we're forced to muddle through as a people; all the corruption in government, the self-serving interests of our police, poor representation, the self-serving press, our weak national will, and most of all the blind, ignorant andapathetic populationand I find my heart filled with agreat and deep sadness and disappointment.

Why? Because people just can't do the right thing in the first place. Not our government, not our legistlators, not our press, not our police. Sadly still is that there is great money to be made in fear and failure.

This is not the America I served for 20 years to protect and save. I want my America back.

Don't hold back Bob,,

Tell us how you feel!! :banghead: :lol:

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
BobCav wrote:
More often than not these daysI look at all the garbage such as this that we're forced to muddle through as a people; all the corruption in government, the self-serving interests of our police, poor representation, the self-serving press, our weak national will, and most of all the blind, ignorant andapathetic populationand I find my heart filled with agreat and deep sadness and disappointment.

Why? Because people just can't do the right thing in the first place. Not our government, not our legistlators, not our press, not our police. Sadly still is that there is great money to be made in fear and failure.

This is not the America I served for 20 years to protect and save. I want my America back.

BobCav --

Something to think about-
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -- John Stuart Mill

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."
- Jeff Cooper

"If guns cause crime, all of mine are defective."
- Ted Nugent

Regards
Hawk, I have quite the collection of quotes as well. They are small, brief glimpses into the hearts, minds, and souls of visionaries.

“Few men have virtue to withstand the highest bidder.”
George Washington, American Founding Father and war hero, first U.S. president (1732-1799)

“Never create by law what can be accomplished by morality.”
Charles-Louis de Secondat Baron de Montesquieu, French jurist and political philosopher (1689-1755)

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who remain neutral in time of great moral crisis."
Dante Alighieri, Italian poet (1265-1321), from the Divine Comedy

"Indifference is the essence of inhumanity."
George Bernard Shaw, Anglo-Irish dramatist and wit (1856-1950)

“Man's basic vice, the source of all his evils, is the act of unfocusing his mind, the suspension of his consciousness, which is not blindness, but the refusal to see, not ignorance, but the refusal to know.''
Ayn Rand, Russian/American author and philosopher (1905-1982)

"You can lead a manto knowledge, but you cannot make him think"
- Bob Cavalcante, American (b1964)

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

BobCav-

I live by a few myself, some famous, some not.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." {Edmond Burke}

"I pledge my troth and my sacred honor to resist tyranny wherever it shall be found" {T. Jefferson}

"God is my copilot, but I always carry a parachute in case he is busy" {Rev James Ford, Chaplain US House of Representatives, and friend}

"A man who runs out of ideas, altitude, and airspeed at the same time, will be found at the bottom of the nearest smoking hole" {Jim Willess, CFI, and friend}

"The seeds of heroism exist in all men. Heros are but ordinary men, who when confronted by extraordinary circumstances, will rise to meet them. It matters not if they prevail, only that they meet the challenge head on." {Anon}

"No matter what, non of us is getting out of this alive." {Anon}

"The one universal constant is that nothing is constant" {A. Einstein}

Regards

Wooley

imported post

Like my mama always said, "If you can't shoot em, don't mess with em."

Oh, and not really quotes to live by, but here is the Contractors Rules of Engagement.

1. Be courteous to everyone, friendly to no one.
2. Decide to be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.
3. Have a plan.
4. Have a back-up plan, because the first one probably won't work.
5. Be polite. Be professional. But, have a plan to kill everyone you meet.
6. Do not attend a gunfight with a handgun whose caliber does not
start with a "4."
7. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is
cheap. Life is expensive.
8. Move away from your attacker. Distance is your friend.
(Lateral & diagonal preferred.)
9. Use cover or concealment as much as possible.
10. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.
11. Always cheat; always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.
12. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber,
stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.
13. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating your intention to shoot.

Toad

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ah yes... the typical 'sweep it under the carpet' tactic. Who here honestly did not see that coming from the 'Blue Wall of Defiance'? This action is nothing new and should, by now, be an expected response after the use of excessive force.