• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you this way, too?

Mini14

imported post

I consider open carry gun laws the mark of a civilized society, asthey deter bothmurder and rape.

To that end, I feel that carbines, rifles , and shotguns should alsobe allowed as open carry weapons; just because you cannot afford a $6,000 Korth revolver, it should not mean that you lose your right to self-defense.

I want the guy with the hundred dollar SKS or $80.00 shotgun or the $350.00 Ak to enjoy our freedoms, too. By doing this, we are being rights expansionists, which means more folks votingour way! And that's good for ourgun rights!

vega480

imported post

Depends on the states as to whether they are allowed to or not. I think more people do not open carry those as defense is ease of carry.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Mini14 wrote:
To that end, I feel that carbines, rifles , and shotguns should alsobe allowed as open carry weapons;
Too ostentatious.

Mini14 wrote:
just because you cannot afford a $6,000 Korth revolver, it should not mean that you lose your right to self-defense.
No one carries a $6000 Korth for SD.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Mini14,

I agree...handgun or longun -- or both -- it's the owner's choice. Sit down at a Starbucks and have your shotgun/carbine slung across the chair back.

So what if it looks like being on the street in Israel?

I kind of like that.

-- John D.

IanB

imported post

No one carries a $6000 Korth for SD.

Flowers are about the last thing I want to see on one of my guns.

pic-46-1.jpg

Mini14

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
Mini14,

I agree...handgun or longun -- or both -- it's the owner's choice. Sit down at a Starbucks and have your shotgun/carbine slung across the chair back.

So what if it looks like being on the street in Israel?

I kind of like that.

-- John D.

Amen! The Boers packed their Mausers openly, it deterred alot of Zulu raiders. I'm tired of. 'civilized'. mean decent people walk in fear while outlaws strut in triumph.

Jackal

imported post

I dunno, if I saw someone walking with a rifle down the inner-city streets that would ping my radar hard. I miss having my old M16A2 sling at my side though, that is one reason why I got a permit, when you have the weight on you everyday for a year, if feels strange not to have it.

If they had it on a sling it wouldn't be so bad, but I would still keep a very close eye on them.