• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mall Shooting. Another 'was it posted,' does it matter?

VAopencarry

imported post

Delmore[Police Chief] also wanted to reassure the public that the mall is a safe place.
How's that again Chief? So I guess the mall was safe, then there was an attempted murder, now it is safe again. They must have assigned magic fairies to guard over the shopper's.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BobCav wrote:
Sheesh....

And one shot fired makes a "gunman"?

I guess that one beer makes me an alcoholic!

Damn media....
What should the guy with a gun be called?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BobCav wrote:
HankT wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Sheesh....

And one shot fired makes a "gunman"?

I guess that one beer makes me an alcoholic!

Damn media....
What should the guy with a gun be called?

I would say "shooter" is more appropriate.

What woud you call this guy?:

Car taken in early morning armed robbery
March 24, 2007

By John Andrew Prime

A man was robbed of money and his car in Shreveport’s Cedar Grove neighborhood early today, police morning patrol reports said.

Gregory Webb, 28, stopped at the Daiquiri Express in the 200 block of West 70th Street around 1 a.m. and was walking inside when he realized he’d left his wallet in his car, reports said.

As he retrieved his money from his car, two men walked up to him, pulled out a small black handgun an demanded his money, the report said.

After taking a small but undisclosed amount of cash from their victim, the men also demanded Webb’s car keys, the report said.

The gunman drove off in Webb’s car while other robber left on foot, the report said.

The gunman was described as a black male, standing 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 150 pounds, 18 to 20 years old and last seen wearing black pants and a black hoodie.

The accomplice was described as a black male standing 5 feet 10 inches and weighing around 130 pounds, also 18 to 20 years old and last seen wearing a white T-shirt over a white tank-top and dark blue pants.

Webb’s car taken in the robbery is a gold-colored 2002 Chevrolet Malibu with Louisiana license plate MQY-165.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'd call him a CRIMINAL! It serves nopurpose to further sub-categorize and label criminals based on the type of weapon they used, unless it's theliberal anti-gun types, of course! They serve to benefit from the calling him a "GUNMAN" as that places the focus on the gun....bad wicked evil guns.

Butcalling him aCRIMINAL places the blame on the PERSON and the CRIME, instead of the tool. Which is where the blame squarely belongs.

What then would you call this criminal, a 'Knifeman", a "Knifer" or a "Knifist"? CRIMINAL works just fine all around.

Disabled woman knife robbery terror
By Paul Fielding

A WOMAN on a disability scooter had a 6in knife held to her throat in a terrifying daylight robbery. The 54-year-old had withdrawn £350 from a cash machine on Clifton Crescent, Marton, when the masked thief struck.

The thug held the blade to her neck and demanded the money from her purse before fleeing the scene at 10am yesterday. Police have launched a manhunt for the attacker who they believe may have watched the woman withdraw cash moments before striking.

Det Con Nick Connaughton, of Blackpool Police, said the woman had been left very shaken by the raid. He said: "This is a particularly bold and callous attack which is even more brazen because it took place in broad daylight.

"The victim was terrified by the attack and has been left very shaken. "She was very vulnerable and had just been to take out her benefits money from a cash machine around the corner.

"Although we don't have any evidence to support it, the thief may have watched her withdraw a large sum of money and have followed her.

"He has then come up from behind her and put the knife to her throat and demanded her purse. "He escaped from the scene on foot on to Preston New Road, taking the purse which contained money as well as some other personal items. "I'm hoping that because it was daylight and it is quite a busy road, somebody may have seen something which could help us trace this man."

The raider, who had a black scarf covering the lower half of his face, made off down Preston New Road. Detectives were today continuing with door to door inquiries in the area close to where yesterday's attack happened.

Police today released a description of a man they want to speak to in connection to the incident. He is described as being in his late teens or early 20s, white, of slim build and between 5ft 10ins and 6ft. He was wearing dark jeans and a black hooded top.

Anyone with any information regarding the incident can contact Blackpool Police on (01253) 293933.

Or you can ring the confidential Crimestoppers hotline on 0800 555111.
Last Updated: 21 March 2007

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

BobCav wrote:
I'd call him a CRIMINAL! It serves nopurpose to further sub-categorize and label criminals based on the type of weapon they used, unless it's theliberal anti-gun types, of course! They serve to benefit from the calling him a "GUNMAN" as that places the focus on the gun....bad wicked evil guns.

Butcalling him aCRIMINAL places the blame on the PERSON and the CRIME, instead of the tool. Which is where the blame squarely belongs.

What then would you call this criminal, a 'Knifeman", a "Knifer" or a "Knifist"? CRIMINAL works just fine all around.
How about a guy who was attacking a female with intent to rapeher? Would you call him a "criminal?"

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

HankT wrote:
BobCav wrote:

How about a guy who was attacking a female with intent to rapeher? Would you call him a "criminal?"
LMAO.... Are you in the media or politics?? Why can you not answer my question without asking another question?

Link to article - Answer the &$%#* Question!