• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Thank You for Choosing Bank of America"

IanB

imported post

I just read a very interesting post on DC Craigslist, the link is only valid for 7 days so I will copy and paste the entire text here. The thank you note is below the text. Thought y'all might be interested in seeing this.

To Rob or to Robery.....

"Robbery": The act or practice of robbing; specifically larceny from person or presence of another by violence or threat

"Thank You": Used in expressing gratitude; a polite expression of ones gratitude

A friend of mine, not to be named, was recently a witness to a bank robbery in Arlington, VA. Early one Saturday, he walked over before his niece's Christening to get the newborn a savings bond. He was also prepared to grab his lovely hung over girlfriend a Dr. Pepper from 7-11 in order to cure her raging headache. Boyfriend departs for bank directly across the street from apartment, girlfriend wallows in misery.

Almost dead, girlfriend calls other friend and begins long conversation. 45 minutes into the discussion, girlfriend realizes boyfriend has not returned with soda.....what could be the problem she wonders? "How long have we been on the phone", she asks. Unnamed not hungover friend says "about 45 minutes." Much to her dismay, the girlfriend looks out the window to see the bank surrounded by police officers..."ruh roh." Girlfriend runs across the street to ensure boyfriend not bleeding, boyfriend okay.......but Rob had been "Robery"eed.....

So, back to normal life. Rob and I soon forget about the long ago bank "robery" and go back to our quiet apartment across the street. So yesterday, I arrived home to find a package in the mail (something that always suprises and excites me) and notice the return address "Bank of America". I automatically think, this cant be.

Rob arrives home and opens the package......given to him as a note and gift of appreciation for being a great sport during their latest "robery". Contained with the attached -- very sincere -- thank you note, is an unexpected gift -- ITS A MAGIC BILLFOLD (late night QVC quality pleather.) The billfold, which is made of a leather like substance, brownish in color, and rough to the touch smells vaguely like burning rubber, but is imprinted with the demon like sigal of Bank of America -- "the bank you can trust." The presence of the billfold caused some confusion upon the unnamed girlfriend and Rob household as they were not sure if it was meant to make up for the man with the gun pointed at his head and wearing a ski mask or as an alternative to banking at their institution -- i.e billfold safer than bank.

As you can see by this note, they appeared to be genuinely concerned about the well being of Rob as a result of the "robery", but also sincerely concerned that his fortune of $127.56 is maintained in the impenetrable fortress of accessibility that is the BANK OF AMERICA.

boa.jpg

Thank you note text:
Thank you so much for being a bank of america customer and for your cooperation during the robbery at Eads street. We look forward to serving you in the future.

casullshooter

imported post

Even though B of A is based in Charlotte , their attitudes are very West Coast . I use Commerce Bank as they do not have anti-gun policies . I confirmed this before I opened my Corporate accounts there.

IanB

imported post

If anyone lives near Eads St can you please confirm if there is a "no firearms" sign at that branch? If so, I'm gonna print off that thank you note and glue it to the window next to the no firearms sign!

Article1section23

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
Even though B of A is based in Charlotte , their attitudes are very West Coast . I use Commerce Bank as they do not have anti-gun policies . I confirmed this before I opened my Corporate accounts there.

Casullshooter,

Take a look at this: http://www.moccw.org/opponents.html

Commerce Bank is very ANTI gun. Did you get that info in writing?

IanB

imported post

There are many MANY banks called "Commerce Bank" in the US and A. My bank in KS is called "Commerce Bank" but they have NO affiliation with "Commerce Bank" in VA. Almost every town has a "Commerce Bank" and they can't all be run by the same company.

casullshooter

imported post

The Commerce Bank I am reffering to is the one based out of NJ , I opened accounts in the Manassas Branch . I got a verbal OK from the Mgr. of the branch . These are the Commerce banks with the large red "C" on the building .

mercutio545

imported post

Well I'm a BoA customer- I always OC there, and nobody has ever said anything (not even the guard). I have never seen one posted, and I am very satisfied so far.

Bulldog1967

imported post

I'v e closed my large business acct with BoA over their stance on open carry AND their stance on providing illegal aliens with account/credit with no US ID.

I am now a happy Commerce Bank Customer.

AND they are open 7-days a week!

67GT390FB

imported post

casullshooter wrote:

casull, I hope you are aware that anti-gun wachovia/first unionpurchased commerce bank last summer.

Joe

casullshooter

imported post

I was not aware that "Walkoveryou" Bank had purchased Commerce . I will keep banking there unless they change the policy . If they do they will lose a customer . I will need to go there later this week so I will OC in the lobby instead of using the drive through as it has been a few months since I last went inside . I do know that the bldg. is not posted.

VAopencarry

imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
I'v e closed my large business acct with BoA over their stance on open carry AND their stance on providing illegal aliens with account/credit with no US ID.

I am now a happy Commerce Bank Customer.

AND they are open 7-days a week!
Chesty, Do they have this somewhere I can view? Is it official BoA policy or your branch? I am a BoA customer, already NOT happy about a fews things with them, this just will push me over the edge.

67GT390FB

imported post

casullshooter wrote:
I was not aware that "Walkoveryou" Bank had purchased Commerce . I will keep banking there unless they change the policy . If they do they will lose a customer . I will need to go there later this week so I will OC in the lobby instead of using the drive through as it has been a few months since I last went inside . I do know that the bldg. is not posted.

I may have that wrong. I used to bank at "A" Commerce bank which was bought by Southtrust and Wachovia bought Southtrust in 2004. i just assumed Commerce bank was Commerce Bank but it is likely not the same entity after doing some research.

Joe

jbobmurph

imported post

I too switched from BoA to Commerce (when I switched, it was a while ago and more for the general "better customer service" reasons, including the online banking and such so that I don't even particularly have to visit the branch location).

I open carry quite regularly at Commerce in NoVA - pretty much have at all the branches I've been to (Old Town, Vienna, Falls Church, Manassas).

As far as this particular BoA, I'll try to swing by on the way home from work today or tomorrow; it's a few blocks from my place (my roommate actually banks there). Don't have a camera with me, though, so I won't be able to snap any pictures.

IanB

imported post

Yet ANOTHER Bank Of America ROBBED.

http://wtop.com/?nid=25&sid=1100223

Officer Shot, Bank Robbery Suspect Killed in Md.
Mar 28th - 3:24pm

SEVERNA PARK, Md. - - Anne Arundel County Police have identified an officer shot Wednesday morning in an exchange of gunfire with a bank robbery suspect. Doyle Holquist, 32, was released from the hospital after being shot in the upper leg. The suspect was shot and killed. Anne Arundel County Police say the incident occurred just after 9 a.m. after a robbery at the Bank of America in the 600 block of Baltimore-Annapolis Boulevard. Police say the suspect shot Holquist in the leg as the officer was chasing him on foot. More than one officer fired back. The suspect was struck by gunfire and killed on Kimberly Court, a short distance from the bank. Holquist is a one-and-a-half-year veteran of the Eastern District.