• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wal-Mart Tries It Again!!

jpwise

imported post

Well, after reading the Wal-Mart horror stories on this board,I just have to post my latest experience at the Wal-Mart on Pleasant Valley in Winchester. I arrived there this past Sunday with my wife and 3 children. Of course I was OCing as I do all the time. I have been in this location several times with no problem so I did'nt give it a second thought. We walk in and as we areapproaching the greeter he says "good morning" and we reply back with a "how are you today"? Then IT happens; as we walk past him he says "Excuse me, Sir" and I reply "yes". He states "you can not have that in here" so I ask him "what"? He said "Your sidearm, you are not allowed to have that in here". So I proceed to ask him "Is that posted anywhere"? The next thing out of his mouth was so absurd I could not believe what I was hearing. He proceeds to ask me "Do you have a permit for that". I said "I don't need one, in the state of Virginia you do not need a permit to open carry a handgun". He then asked "Are you a Police Officer"? I kindly stated "No I am not. I am just a citizen that believes in and practices my 2nd amendment right". He then said once again "you can not bring that in here". I asked him again "Is that posted anywhere"? He then said "Wait right here, let me get a manager". I said "please do". After standing there for about 10 minutes a manager approaches and asks "Can I help you"? I told him "I don't know, you greeter is the one who called for you." The manager proceeds to ask the greeter "What do you need"? The greeter tells the manager "He is wearing a sidearm". The manager then tells the greeter "So what, he is ok it is his constitutional right to carry a firearm". The greeter proceeded back to his little folding chair and sat down. I then extended my hand to the manager and thanked him for knowing not only the law but Wal-Mart's policy on firearms. I proceeded with my shopping and left without further incident. I wish I would have got the manager's name but I have to give him a big KUDOS for a job nicely done. I will continue shopping at this location. As I was leaving, the greeter stopped me again and apologized for his ignorance of the law and company policies. I told him "Hopefully you learned something today and you probably should have contacted a manager without confronting me because your line of questioning was not appropriate as you are not a law enforcement officer but thank you for giving me a chance to meet someone who knows what they are talking about". I left happy knowing that another ignorant citizen learned about OC laws in Virginia. You think he'll make that mistake again? lol

kle

imported post

Maybe you oughtta have one of those Virginia Gun Rights summaries that someone else printed up here a while ago, ready to hand out to people like that...hmm. It seems to have disappeared.

Lemme repost it, as it's a good reference sheet. Maybe use a pared-down version of it, with just the pertinent info (i.e. don't need to include stuff about schools, highways, churches, etc. when it's Walmart in question) that can fit onto the front side of one page, and then fold it up in your wallet or something.

Just in case you run into people like that.

Attachments

• Your Virginia Gun Rights-1.doc
    40.5 KB · Views: 175

ne1

imported post

Good job!

I'd almost like to apply to become a greeter but I object to that #$%% urine test that they require of all applicants (I'm sure that I'd pass it but it's just another matter of principle to me).

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Sounds like a positive experience, overall, jpwise.

Hell, the title of your thread could easily have been:

"Wal-MartFinallyLearns OC Is Legal!!"

BTW, the store manager's name is on the register receipt.

zoom6zoom

imported post

ne1 wrote:
Good job!

I'd almost like to apply to become a greeter but I object to that #$%% urine test that they require of all applicants (I'm sure that I'd pass it but it's just another matter of principle to me).
I thought the Walmart urine test was them pissing on you to see how long you'd put up with it.

PackininVB

imported post

Dicks is almost as bad. I was in the Dicks the other day lookin at some scopes for my AR (it looks really nice btw) and another guy comes up to the counter and asks the clerk somethin about Hydrashoks. The clerk then procedes to tell him that Hydrashoks are illegal adn its illegal to carry hollowpoints in your SD pistol! I was kinda half listening and this guy was like "Are you serious?" "Did you really just say that?" i was laughin at this point, the clerk tried saying that cops dont even carry hollow points and this guys asks the clerk again "You work in a gun store and you just told me that hydrashoks are illegal?" I even asked the guy, "Did he just say hydrashoks are illegal? i carry them in my .45!" lol, The guy left and i would have too but i got my scope anyways...lol...

MarinesWife

imported post

hydrashoks? I dont think Ive even really heard about those before. I know about hollow points though...

VApatriot

imported post

You know what, I just thought of something. Everyone always sends emails to Wal-Mart's corporate office when a local store manager tries to over-step their bounds, but it might not be a bad idea to send corporate an email complimenting local managers when they help you out by putting their employees in their place.

PackininVB

imported post

Funny on the Federal Premium website, under the Hydra-Shok page its states, The choice of law enforcement agencies nationwide thats pretty funny, some people are just clueless and youd think they should know SOMEthing about their job! lol

MarinesWife

imported post

They should make it a requirement to know what they are selling. I mean even HOME DEPOT teaches you about what you're selling .. why can't a place that sells ammo or guns