Thread: Canadate Obama

Post imported post

OT

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

But don't ask me to vote GOP as the lesser of two evils. Fool me once and shame on you. Fool me twice and shame on me. Shame on me! The GOP fooled me twice while I was looking and for a lifetime of ignorance before that. I will not vote liberal or GOP again.

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
    But don't ask me to vote GOP as the lesser of two evils. Fool me once and shame on you. Fool me twice and shame on me. Shame on me! The GOP fooled me twice while I was looking and for a lifetime of ignorance before that. I will not vote liberal or GOP again.

The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense.
    Exactly...the lesser of two evils is still evil.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Last time everyone was saying that we shouldn't "waste" our vote by voting for a non mainstream candidate. Fooie! This time I am voting for the person I want and whether they win or loose - my vote will count!

LoveMyCountry

Post imported post

Until the last election I always voted Republican because I didn't want to waste my vote and get the Democrat elected.

But what good did it do? When the Republicans were in power, they weren't conservative, and when they were conservative, they were spineless and ineffective.

So this last election I just voted for the candidate who had the strongest record (I say record, not rhetoric) on the Second Amendment.

Next time, I might vote for the Constitution Party candidate. I'm still studying them.

Post imported post

OT

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

LoveMyCountry,

That's the way it is supposed to be done and as you say, regardless of the results.

LeagueOf1291,

Very few Republicans are REAL conservatives anymore! IMO, the party should be PURGED of lots of so-called Republicans (Rs) -- I can think of quite a fewthat should be kicked-out on their butts -- but no one will take charge and do that. And as a veteran, seeing how Bush and the Rs have short-changed veterans and the active-duty military in order to send those $$ instead to the sorry/black-hole/hate us Middle East, I only get angrier.

I agree though: Nowadays, it really doen't matter who wins -- R or D -- BOTH parties are pathetic. Only an Independent, or someone from the outside with no "beholdings" to either party, can shake things up...and that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

But then again, it's been decades (or longer) since anyone with any real integrity, character, morals and spine have even RUN for President...apparently, that job attracts only the meidocre.

-- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    LoveMyCountry,

That's the way it is supposed to be done and as you say, regardless of the results.

LeagueOf1291,

Very few Republicans are REAL conservatives anymore! IMO, the party should be PURGED of lots of so-called Republicans (Rs) -- I can think of quite a fewthat should be kicked-out on their butts -- but no one will take charge and do that. And as a veteran, seeing how Bush and the Rs have short-changed veterans and the active-duty military in order to send those $$ instead to the sorry/black-hole/hate us Middle East, I only get angrier.

I agree though: Nowadays, it really doen't matter who wins -- R or D -- BOTH parties are pathetic. Only an Independent, or someone from the outside with no "beholdings" to either party, can shake things up...and that's not likely to happen anytime soon.

But then again, it's been decades (or longer) since anyone with any real integrity, character, morals and spine have even RUN for President...apparently, that job doesn't attracts only the meidocre.

-- John D.
    OT

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I believethat something like what the Martians did to Congress in that movie "Mars Attacks" (1996) would be in order...

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
    I believethat something like what the Martians did to Congress in that movie "Mars Attacks" (1996) would be in order...

-- John D.

ACK ACK ACK!!!

Post imported post

cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.

OT

Post imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
    Last time everyone was saying that we shouldn't "waste" our vote by voting for a non mainstream candidate. Fooie! This time I am voting for the person I want and whether they win or loose - my vote will count!

LoveMyCountry
    OT

Post imported post

Kelly J wrote:
    LoveMyCountry wrote:

LoveMyCountry
    If you did not vote for the person you wanted then you have no one but yourself to blame, It is/was your vote not anyone elses so use it the way you want to.

Unless ofcourse you are voting for or against the Labor Unions then you have to vote a public vote unless someone smart enough to deny that Illeagle process to take place, casting a vote is, has been, and should always be a private matter.
    Well, "wasting" your vote is a valid concern. When Bush and Gore were running, I considered voting for the Constitution party candidate, but I was afraid failing to vote for Bush might get Gore elected. I totally understand the math about "wasting" the vote.

But my analysis only makes sense ifhaving Bush ispreferable to having Gore -- it turns out that Bush didn't hold the conservative line I expected,* and so he just didn't make any difference, and I shoulda voted Constitution Party after all.

Next time, I will.

*Can you say "McCain-Feingold?" Or how about the comically-named "education" bill? (What's the federal government got to do with education anyway?) Or the prescription drug bill? Has anything changed at HUD, the IRS, the FDA, or the EPA?

Post imported post

LeagueOf1291 wrote:
    Kelly J wrote:
    LoveMyCountry wrote:

LoveMyCountry
    If you did not vote for the person you wanted then you have no one but yourself to blame, It is/was your vote not anyone elses so use it the way you want to.

Unless ofcourse you are voting for or against the Labor Unions then you have to vote a public vote unless someone smart enough to deny that Illeagle process to take place, casting a vote is, has been, and should always be a private matter.
    Well, "wasting" your vote is a valid concern. When Bush and Gore were running, I considered voting for the Constitution party candidate, but I was afraid failing to vote for Bush might get Gore elected. I totally understand the math about "wasting" the vote.

But my analysis only makes sense ifhaving Bush ispreferable to having Gore -- it turns out that Bush didn't hold the conservative line I expected,* and so he just didn't make any difference, and I shoulda voted Constitution Party after all.

Next time, I will.

*Can you say "McCain-Feingold?" Or how about the comically-named "education" bill? (What's the federal government got to do with education anyway?) Or the prescription drug bill? Has anything changed at HUD, the IRS, the FDA, or the EPA?

OT