• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

tidewater or lexington dine outs

backdraft1009

imported post

[align=left]hey fellas, im new to the site and ive been doin a lot of readin (much to the advancement of my knowledge) and i keep hearin about dinners where you guys just meet to socialize and chat. i am currently in college at VMI but id love to come meet some guys that are of the same interest when im out over the summer. do you all plan ahead that far or should i just stay tuned for dinner locations and times? i love to shoot and do it quite often but im just stepping into the OC business. i still have a few months til 21 rolls around and i was a little skiddish about the legality because i seem to have had the same problems as some others in that all my friendly neighborhood LEO's didnt know jack about carry laws. thought it might be nice to keep company with some fellas that share my same interest and could teach me a few things. Id appreciate the location and dates of any events id be welcome to in either the tidewater area over the summer or lexington area since i spend nine months out of the year in lexvegas anyway.

thank you gentleman for what you do in preserving this right.
Very Respectfully
Cadet Adams
[/align]

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

First of all, welcome to OCDO, Cadet Adams.

We have been having dinners about every month since last August, and will probably continue to do so conisdering their popularity. These are informal get togethers, so there are no advance sechedules. We generally decide on a time and a place a week or so before the dinners, and they have alternated between the Peninsula and Southside. If you're going to be around this summer, keep watching this site and by all means, join us for a dinner!

backdraft1009

imported post

thank you very much for the welcome and tips, this site and its forums came highly reccomended to me and i have met with great satisfaction so far. thanks again sir.
Adams

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Cadet Adams,

YOU WORTHESS MAGGOT!!! WIPE THAT FRIGGIN GRIN OFF YOUR FACE BEFORE I STOMP IT OFF! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT? WHY THE HELL ARE YOUEYEBALLING ME MAGGOT?? YOU LIKE ME?? YOU TRYING TO DATE ME???

lol....just trying to make you feel welcome.And welcome you are! This is a great place with tons of great info, camaraderie and fellowship. Many here are vets and retirees (20 year Navy myself) and all are patriots, except for a couple Brady plants....

Make yourself at home and remember to ask any questions you may have, there's no such thing as stupid questions. Only stupid people! lol...

Welcome Aboard...

BobCav

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

backdraft1009 wrote:
[align=left]hey fellas, im new to the site and ive been doin a lot of readin (much to the advancement of my knowledge) and i keep hearin about dinners where you guys just meet to socialize and chat. i am currently in college at VMI but id love to come meet some guys that are of the same interest when im out over the summer. do you all plan ahead that far or should i just stay tuned for dinner locations and times? i love to shoot and do it quite often but im just stepping into the OC business. i still have a few months til 21 rolls around and i was a little skiddish about the legality because i seem to have had the same problems as some others in that all my friendly neighborhood LEO's didnt know jack about carry laws. thought it might be nice to keep company with some fellas that share my same interest and could teach me a few things. Id appreciate the location and dates of any events id be welcome to in either the tidewater area over the summer or lexington area since i spend nine months out of the year in lexvegas anyway.

thank you gentleman for what you do in preserving this right.
Very Respectfully
Cadet Adams
[/align]

Do you know the Rifle coach? He's a friend of mine. That's who taught me how to shoot. Also, if you like shooting you ought to join the Blue Ridge Shooter's Club which is located out in South River area of the county. They have SASS matches, plus other kinds of shoots.

Welcome to the forum, Cadet!

backdraft1009

imported post

I have met the coach a few times but ive never had the opportunity to shoot with him. he tends to stay down in the indoor pistol range and away from us. I hear he is really good but the only shooting we get to do here is qualification with the Marines and a little combat efficiency shooting. id love to join the range you mentioned and i have some friends from church that shoot there so i think ill make a venture of it over the summer school session im gonna be here. If you live in the area perhaps you could help get me aquainted with the range and club. thanks for the post.

Adams

backdraft1009

imported post

BobCav,

:shock:well i haveto say that dazed and confused is about where that puts me. LOL!! its been awhile since i had the gunny on me, thank God! im sure ive got plenty of questions to throw around. thanks again for the welcome, im sure it takes the prize, and may i say thank you for your service.
V/R
Adams

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

backdraft1009 wrote:
I have met the coach a few times but ive never had the opportunity to shoot with him. he tends to stay down in the indoor pistol range and away from us. I hear he is really good but the only shooting we get to do here is qualification with the Marines and a little combat efficiency shooting. id love to join the range you mentioned and i have some friends from church that shoot there so i think ill make a venture of it over the summer school session im gonna be here. If you live in the area perhaps you could help get me aquainted with the range and club. thanks for the post.

Adams
Sure, I'll help you get aquainted. I'm right in the area. Thorp has had his share of health related issues, so he isn't as 'spry' as he once was. Which is an understatement to say the least.

sitedzn

imported post

backdraft1009,

do you know Rasnick? he interned with us last summer - great guy. i hope i get to shoot his DE44mag this summer when he comes home.

if you see him, tell him Lucas says hey, and no word on 2 River's (he'll know what i'm talking about).

Thanks, and welcome!

p.s. - if you haven't oc'd before the dinners are a great place to start. popped my cherry this past Feb. great night until we were asked to leave by the ignorant manager. see http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/1327-3.html

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

backdraft1009 wrote:
BobCav,

:shock:well i haveto say that dazed and confused is about where that puts me. LOL!! its been awhile since i had the gunny on me, thank God! im sure ive got plenty of questions to throw around. thanks again for the welcome, im sure it takes the prize, and may i say thank you for your service.
V/R
Adams
Haha... You're most welcome! Glad to have you here.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

BobCav wrote:
Cadet Adams,

YOU WORTHESS MAGGOT!!! WIPE THAT FRIGGIN GRIN OFF YOUR FACE BEFORE I STOMP IT OFF! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKING AT? WHY THE HELL ARE YOUEYEBALLING ME MAGGOT?? YOU LIKE ME?? YOU TRYING TO DATE ME???

BobCav
LMAO that is why the Marines are in charge. I think i would laugh at some squid that talked to me like that..... (had to bust your balls Cav) Go back to the ship and play with the boys........

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Now, now, gentlemen, let's not start with the inter-service rivalries.

Next thing you know, there will be caliber debates rearing their ugly heads again!!

(And by the way, DesertDoc, did you finally get that carry piece of yours back from the 'smith? You know, the NAA .22 revolver.)

:p

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Cadet Adams,

BobCav
LMAO that is why the Marines are in charge. I think i would laugh at some squid that talked to me like that..... (had to bust your balls Cav) Go back to the ship and play with the boys........
LOL... During Security Alert on the ships, the jarheads used to get a kick out of slamming Sailors into the bulkheads to get them out of the way while heading to their security stations. No matter that we had places to get to also...and it was OUR ship. No matter, our favorite revenge was to watch through the crack in the watertight door and when one of the particularly nasty ones was running through the p-way, we'd open the door fast and KA-WANG!!! Oops! Didn't see ya there, buddy....

MARINE DOWN! DROPPED WEAPON!! Lmao.....paybacks were always hell.....

(Man, they really hated that too!)