• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

when am i required to put it away

backdraft1009

imported post

At what point are you legally bound to remove your weapon or leave an unmarked (no "do not carry signs") premises when asked to by the staff, owner, employee? when can you stand your ground and continue about your business. I refer mainly to resteraunts, movie theatres, and malls/wal-marts/target, commonly frequented places in general.

Adams

mlands

imported post

I would leave the place of business only when the manager, owner, or their representative (security guard, etc.) tells me to do so. If you disobey their order to leave at that point you are tresspassing which is criminal, and you can get up to a year in jail and/or a hefty fine. If you refuse to leave when told to you are playing a fools game and will not win. I would not wish to remain aqt a place I was not welcome to be at. Once you leave then you can take up your bad experience with those who can change policy or get rid of bad employees.

casullshooter

imported post

If you come to a business that is posted go in unarmed and ask to speak to a manager . It is possible that if they are the owner you might get them to change or at least think about it . If it is a chain or corporate store the local manager probably will have no say but to follow the rules from above .