• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

help posting pics

sitedzn

imported post

how the heck do you post a picture with this darn thing??:banghead:

VAopencarry

imported post

037%20A.Dobyns%2016in.%20Guns%20in%20action%20WWII.jpg

The pic must be hosted somewhere on the http://www.

insertlinkhere[/ img] remove space between / and img. had to fo that in order to illustrate.

[img]insertlinkhere

IanB

imported post

Host your pic at photobucket.com

copy http link for pic

use on gun forum

Flowmaster

imported post

ok, there's a button that's for pictures. this button:
paste in your picture's URL. you need to get the image hosted elsewhere, like on imageshack.us or photobucket. copy and paste the direct link to the image into the little window that pops up when you hit the picture button.

then it should show up.

you can also use the Attachment thing. hit browse, get a picture off of your computer, and upload it.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
how the heck do you post a picture with this darn thing??:banghead:

When you're replying, open another window or tab and find the pic you want to post in the web. Right click the URL/Address and select "copy" from the drop-downmenu.

Next go back to your original window/tab and put your cursor where youwant the pic to go. Thenlook for the button near the top right that looks like this:
image.gif
and click on it. A small windown will pop up that says Image URL in it. Past the picture URL that you copied before into that fiend and click on OK.

Your picture should pop into your reply!

Good luck!

sitedzn

imported post

i think the problem is with my comcast. i can't link directly to a picture in my folder there - it must be a web page. i'll try the photobucket.

thanks for all the input.