• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Good" open carry experience with Henrico Officer

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

At about 3:00 a.m. last night I awoke to what I thought were the screams of a woman: "help me, help me". It was a shrieking, hysterical scream. I then heard what sounded like someone being pushed down the stairs. I was still half-asleep, and this took place in all of 2 seconds, so I waited about 30 seconds then heard more brief screaming, someone yelling "stop it, Brian" and then scuffling. I called 911. I told the dispatcher it was coming from the next building. After hanging up, I realized the next building is pretty vague, especially with several buildings next to mine (I onlyknow my buildings number, so it was hard for me to be more specific).

I threw on some clothes. I then heard banging and screaming, so I moved faster. I was going to put on my Sig .40 pistol, but it takes a lot longer, and I already had a holstered Taurus Magnum .357, so I threw that on and went downstairs. After a very brief wait and only the sounds of someone loudly knocking and begging to get into an apartment, I saw an Henrico officer pull up. I started to tell him the little I knew when a guy ran down the stairs saying "help!". Turns out, he was the screamer who had been the victim of domestic violence and was now trying to get back in his apartment. He was bleeding from abrasions and minor cuts all over his arms and legs (he had been pushed down the stairs by his boyfriend).

When the officer first pulled up he briefly glanced at my gun but never said a word about it. I then asked if he needed me to stick around, and he said he didn't now that the victim was there and he had a location.

I went upstairs to go back to bed. Last I heard, the officer was banging on the door saying "Open up, Henrico Police".

I had no idea we even had gay neighbors in the next building, and my partner laughed and said I was like a gay superhero. I don't know about all that, but it is cool how appreciative he has become of guns (he was born and raised in Orange County, California, where I would have went to prison for leaving myproperty with a gun on my hip)

VAopencarry

imported post

The officer didn't say anything to you because they have your picture taped to the dash that say's "Do not harass this guy" :D

30 cal slut

imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
At about 3:00 a.m. last night I awoke to what I thought were the screams of a woman: "help me, help me". It was a shrieking, hysterical scream. ...Turns out, he was the screamer who had been the victim of domestic violence and was now trying to get back in his apartment. He was bleeding from abrasions and minor cuts all over his arms and legs (he had been pushed down the stairs by his boyfriend).
while domestic violence is no laughing matter (straight or gay) ... the way this post was wordedmade me chuckle.

LEO 229

imported post

The officer can recognise a Super Hero when he sees one... :p

OBXMIKE

imported post

I'm dying LMAO!! I can Imagine the pink tights,the rainbow cape, shouting "thtop, you brute!......."

IanB

imported post

I think the gay man in this scenario had neither tights or cape but instead was sporting a faaaaabulous .357 MAGNUM. He could be wearing a rainbow colored cape, or nothing at all...but IF I WERE BEING ATTACKED I'd be damn glad anyone, gay or not... came to my aide and was prepared to make a difference.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

This thread needed a picture to go with the story.

thupermanjy1.jpg

VAopencarry

imported post

Whew...... I will give you guys the benefit of doubt that you did not read the original post closely enough or have not read some of SicSemper's other post. Belittling the OP is not consistent with the integrity of this forum and, without looking, probably a violation of the Forum Rules.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I love the graphic!

I don't take myself too seriously, so I am not offended in anyway. Life is better when you can laugh at almost anything, anyway.

The truth is, I also found it a bit amusing that the screaming girl turned out to be a guy. However, I also have no idea what I'd sound like if I was screaming for help after being thrown down the stairs at 3:00 a.m., so I am not about to judge! Quite frankly, I'd just hope someone heard me and came to help.

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I do appreciate the concern, VA Open Carry! Just think of how we could confound the anti-gunners and liberals if more law-abiding gay folks, African-Americans and little old Asian ladies actively supported the second amendment. I think some of them would have a heart attack if they couldn't stereotype gun owners as easily.

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SicSemperTyrannis wrote:
I do appreciate the concern, VA Open Carry! Just think of how we could confound the anti-gunners and liberals if more law-abiding gay folks, African-Americans and little old Asian ladies actively supported the second amendment. I think some of them would have a heart attack if they couldn't stereotype gun owners as easily.

I agree with that 100 percent. Shooting is a great way to bring us all together. I love the diversity in the shooting sports! Check these shooters out: Not exactly what the antis picture when they vilify scary black guns.

girls%20team2.jpg

As far as VAopencarry's concern that I was crossing a line with the graphic I posted earlier there's no need to worry. I'm one of the friendliest, most tolerant guys you could hope to meet, and I'm glad that you took the humor as it was intended and took no offense from it.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

Shakespeare did not write 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder,' but I write "Offense, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder."

Shakespeare did write, "Beauty is bought by judgement of the eye,
Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues."

Margaret Wolfe Hungerford , Molly Bawn, 1878, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"