• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FBI Reports

Kelly J

imported post

FBI study shows truth about crime and guns
The FBI recently concluded a five-year study on the ineffectiveness of gun restrictions at keeping guns out of the hands of criminals. The study, called “Violent Encounters: A Study of Felonious Assaults on Our Nation’s Law Enforcement Officers,” looked at 40 incidents involving attacks using guns (some were deadly) on police officers. Contrary to Brady Campaign propaganda, only one of these guns was obtained legally. Gun shows, a hated target of the gun-grabbers, accounted for exactly zero. Gosh, are we ever confused; we thought gun laws would reduce gun violence! Perhaps such laws would reduce violence, if criminals obeyed the law, but then they wouldn’t be criminals, would they?

Kelly J

imported post

Doug Huffman wrote:
IIRC it is the source document that you quoted at the beginning of the thread.

I could be wrong - "Grasping another opportunity to be wrong." Grasp the nettle of error manfully that you may learn and not be stung.
Nope It is an extract from the Patriot Post.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Not looking over anyone'sshoulder, that's rude. Just heard the phrase, thought it might have another source and googled it. Google is a wonderful thing.