Thread: NRA Range

Post imported post

This evening my brother and I went over to the NRA HQ Range in Fairfax to sight inthe newSpringfield SOCOM 16 that he bought yesterday, but when we gotthere there was a sign on the door that said "Range Closed". We weren't smart enough to thinkto go in and ask someone ourselves (we could see people inthere), but does anyone know why they are closed and when they will reopen?:?

After a weekend with a big show out in Chantilly, I imagine they there are quite a few other peoplewho are also justichin' to try out their new hardware, and the NRA range is the only one close by, thatI know of, whereyou can shoot rifles.

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    This evening my brother and I went over to the NRA HQ Range in Fairfax to sight inthe newSpringfield SOCOM 16 that he bought yesterday, but when we gotthere there was a sign on the door that said "Range Closed". We weren't smart enough to thinkto go in and ask someone ourselves (we could see people inthere), but does anyone know why they are closed and when they will reopen?:?

After a weekend with a big show out in Chantilly, I imagine they there are quite a few other peoplewho are also justichin' to try out their new hardware, and the NRA range is the only one close by, thatI know of, whereyou can shoot rifles.
    I have gone there before only to find it was closed due to a shooting competition being held inside. You could have gone in and watched.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/n...nge/events.asp
    you can always check their calender for availability, no idea wht they were down today though.

Post imported post

VApatriot wrote:
    Blue Ridge Arsenal is a bit closer to the show...I think you can shoot rifles on their "other" side (they have two adjacent sets of lanes, one which I think is pistols only, and the other for long arms). I don't usually go there, though, because a) the NRA range is on my way home, b) the NRA range looks a lot cleaner (from what I remember), c) the NRA range has programmable electronic target carriers, and d) I'm a member of the NRA and with the NRA range card I can shoot @ the NRA range for $12, versus $20 at Blue Ridge Arsenal.

But yeah, I was kinda bummed about not being able to try out my new snubbie...maybe they'll be open tomorrow.

Post imported post

I can definitely relate to wanting to shoot a new gun after the show. I just got my first gun XD9 SC. I've been to Gilbert's2 times since I got it.

I have a question about the NRA range. A guy behind the counter at Gilbert's told me, officially they charge by the hour but if they are not busy and if you go over 30-40minutes over they don't charge you extra. Is this the way NRA HQ range works?

Thanks in advance.

Post imported post

Globeguy wrote:
    I can definitely relate to wanting to shoot a new gun after the show. I just got my first gun XD9 SC. I've been to Gilbert's2 times since I got it.

I have a question about the NRA range. A guy behind the counter at Gilbert's told me, officially they charge by the hour but if they are not busy and if you go over 30-40minutes over they don't charge you extra. Is this the way NRA HQ range works?

Thanks in advance.
    I have shot longer than 1 hour at the NRA range and have not been charged

extra, if they'er not busy.

Also the NRA range is 50 yards as opposed to 25 at gilberts and blue ridge

Post imported post

1st freedom wrote:

Also the NRA range is 50 yards as opposed to 25 at gilberts and blue ridge

Great! I will be visiting the NRA range soon.

Post imported post

1st freedom wrote:

I know one of the times myself and my husband went it was so crowded they started kicking people off lanes that had been there a long time

Post imported post

If people are waiting,,,, You get 1 hour.

Do you disagree ?

Post imported post

In my experience, if there is a wait list you get one hour and then they politely tell you your time is up.

If there is no line they let you fudge but I'm not sure how long they allow the fudge to continue. I have paid for one hour and used 1 hour and 45 minutes before when it was slow and they didn't say anything about it.

It all seems to depend on who is working, how busy they are, and how friendly you are when you sign in.

Post imported post

A smile goes a long way